Pics from Inside the Press Box

NDNband69

500+ Posts
This was on another site talking about our press box and stadium. I like ! ! ! !

NDNWarrior
Senior

Re: From Inside PNG's Pressbox
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:39:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Sitting at the Spring Game Friday night, I couldn't help but notice how "massive" the PressBox is......its huge! There were some guys from a neighbor school there that kept saying over and over that The Reservation looked like and had the atmosphere of a college stadium. I'm very proud of PNG......very proud!

PNG.........HONOR>>>>>>>>PRIDE>>>>>>>>>>TRADITION>>>>>>>>>>>PRICELESS!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Someone commenting about our press box from another site.

pirates61

Re: From Inside PNG's Pressbox
May 23, 2009, 05:02:55 PM

this thing is nice and huge i worked for the glass company that put the glass in the pressbox png has the nicest facilities i have ever seen

NDNband69

500+ Posts
My class reunion got a tour of the press box after the PNG vs LCM game.

Hall way at lower level......and that elevator is one quiet, smooth ride.
DSCF7584.jpg

The open deck area for video cameras.
DSCF7587.jpg

The brains of the video control room. Our kids do a wonderful job covering the game.
DSCF7598.jpg

From the upper level of the press box, two levels......nice chairs.
DSCF7601.jpg

Top level.
DSCF7604.jpg

What a view!
DSCF7607.jpg

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
So that is what a $850 desk chair looks like...hmmm.

Yes and I am very proud of our stadium!!!!! Chairs included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not going to set back and Bi*ch and complain about every cent the district spends.
My kids have received a top notch education from PNG and my grandkids are recieving one now.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
And after standing in 2" of water in the bathroom at Lumberton stadium "I AM PROUD OF OUR STADIUM". There is more pressing issues in the world than to bit*h about chairs...........geeeez

You may not want to B**** about the price of the chairs, garbage cans and whatever else that was ridiculously spent for the press box! THAT MONEY SPENT IS COMING OUT OF MY SCHOOL TAXES !!!! You may not have a problem paying high dollars for your school taxes....but other may !!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Look at it this way. An $850 chair with a lifetime warranty will last a long time. Anyone ever buy one of those cheap $100-200 chairs at Office Depot or Office Max? They don't last. You get what you pay for.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Look at it his way. An $850 chair with a lifetime warranty will last a long time. Anyone ever buy one of those cheap $100-200 chairs at Office Depot or Office Max? They don't last. You get what you pay for.

Correct IndianFan. My employees used to buy the 150.00 office max chairs and we would have to replace every year. We started purchasing the more expeinsive chairs the past 4 yrs and we haven't replaced one yet.

You cannot make some understand or ever understand business logistics.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Just for the record--the warranty only covers mechanical parts such as the casters (usually less than $10.00 to replace). It does not cover normal wear and tear. No one said to buy cheap seats that fall apart that I can recall--just show a little prudence and take bids on good quality chairs from several vendors and let a committee choose what to purchase and not just one person. After all, 16 chairs at $850.00 is costs us $13,600.00 and 51 some-odd chairs at $478.00 cost $38.950.00 and that's not counting the $300.00 trash cans. Seven floor mats alone were $6,600.00. Total for the chairs only was $39,568.00.

squaw said:
Just for the record--the warranty only covers mechanical parts such as the casters (usually less than $10.00 to replace). It does not cover normal wear and tear. No one said to buy cheap seats that fall apart that I can recall--just show a little prudence and take bids on good quality chairs from several vendors and let a committee choose what to purchase and not just one person. After all, 16 chairs at $850.00 is costs us $13,600.00 and 51 some-odd chairs at $478.00 cost $38.950.00 and that's not counting the $300.00 trash cans. Seven floor mats alone were $6,600.00. Total for the chairs only was $39,568.00.

I agree w/Squaw !!!

Priorities are not in the best interests of the students and their education!!! Ridiculous expendures will not have an excuse greatest enough to pass alot of peoples feelings and opinions !!!! I'll ask again, does the pressbox restrooms have a bidet in them ?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
PurplePrideBandRulez said:
squaw said:

I agree w/Squaw !!!

Priorities are not in the best interests of the students and their education!!! Ridiculous expendures will not have an excuse greatest enough to pass alot of peoples feelings and opinions !!!! I'll ask again, does the pressbox restrooms have a bidet in them ?

Maybe it does, who knows. Perhaps we could reconstruct the old restrooms for the complainers to use. Everyone knew how much would be spent on the stadium before the bond passed.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores