2009 Boys State Powerlifting Meet

littleindian

I know that the boys state championship meet will be in Abilene, but I do not know exactly what place the meet will be held. I would appreciate any information on the subject. Thanks and best of luck Mikey, Josh and Blake!!!! :)

JFirehog

The state meet will be at the Taylor County Expo Center in Abilene Sat. 28th...Lifting will start at 9:00 am.....Last year it was a packed house.We stood in line for 30min to get tickets and we were there early.

littleindian

I believe Blake got 7th and Mikey 15th. Josh was in 1st place , but 2 of the 3 judges disqualified him for dropping the bar during his last dead lift attempt. I am very proud of all three of these young men for their hard work and determinaton!! :clap:

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
littleindian said:
I believe Blake got 7th and Mikey 15th. Josh was in 1st place , but 2 of the 3 judges disqualified him for dropping the bar during his last dead lift attempt. I am very proud of all three of these young men for their hard work and determinaton!! :clap:

Good grief, I would be dropping it too, when you get to that kind of weight! Great job guys...

JFirehog

A little info on Josh and his last lift. The 198lb. class were moved to a different platform for the finale lift,different bar. When Josh made his 600 lb. attempt the bar slipped and hit the floor and he was DQed......I spoke to one of the judges that was at his platform when he DQed, after the meet. He said this was some of the worst bars he had seen at a state meet.During the squat lifts there were a number of lifters who had to re rack because the bars were to slick,and they couldn't get them to set right.They were slipping off their shoulders. Maybe those lifters are their coaches could have made a complaint to the judges and had something done,but none did.
Josh will be going to a National lifting competition this May in Baton Rouge. I think he will do very well if he keeps up the positive attitude he has now.
These young men have really impressed me and others with the amount of weight they have been able to lift. They really worked hard this year to make it to state.We're really very proud of them.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores