2022 Kentucky Derby

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Greatest Derby ever? Rich Strike gets into the race on Friday morning with 80-1 odds, runs from the 21st pole position, is third or fourth from last place as the horses make the first turn, gets caught up in traffic on the turn for the home stretch, finds a lane on the inside near the rail, and blows by several horses down the stretch to get the win. Jockey Sonny Leon had Rich Strike run a near perfect race. He made all the right moves getting out of traffic and having Rich Strike make an all-out run on the inside rail. I was too young to remember Secretariat and Seattle. Some memory of Affirmed. More recent, we had American Pharoah. Great champions. Rich Strike's run may top them all due to the storylines behind of being a last minute entry and 80-1 odds.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores