33 years in a row

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
No question...hands down...Coach Comeaux is first on the Mount Rushmore of PN-G coaching greats.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
As of October 25, 2018, make that 36 years in a row. The ISD should name a gym/court/building after Coach Comeaux. Think of all the hardware she has collected for PN-GISD. Amazing.

bandkid

Staff member
This has to be the longest active playoff streak in Texas high school volleyball, if not Texas high school sports, period.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The last time that Coach Comeaux missed the playoffs was the 1982 season (1983 PN-G War Whoop). 34 or 35 seasons in a row to make the playoffs (1983-2018). Still...very impressive. She warrants consideration by the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. I know that she is already in the Texas Girls Coaches Association Hall of Fame, but she deserves to be in the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Gordon Wood of Brownwood is in there for Texas High School Football. Coach Comeaux should be in there for volleyball. She has won three state championships (1972, 1979, and 1981), she has been to the playoffs in 44 of her 47 years at PN-G, and she has the record for all-time wins. What more does she need to do?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores