Dallas Cowboys fate

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm not a Dallas Cowboys fan, but I am a Wade Phillips fan (PN-G and UH alum) ... as long as he is the HC in Dallas, I will support/root for the Cowboys. Dallas should be just fine when Romo returns. The QB makes the team go; the QB distributes the ball; the QB makes plays with his arm (or his feet to keep plays alive) ... when Romo returns, Dallas will get back on track. Defensively, Dallas is pretty good. The problem with the defense the past 2-3 weeks is fatigue ... the defense is on the field a lot due to the incompetencies of Brad Johnson. When you can't move the ball and go 3-and-out or you turn it over, the defense gets worn down. Dallas has the playmakers in TO, Barber, and a banged up Witten. They just need Romo back to run the offense.

Why does Jason Garrett get all the praise for the Dallas offense when Romo runs it; but, when Brad Johnson is under center, then suddenly it is Wade Phillips' inept offense? Was it not Jason Garrett who lobbied Jerry Jones to sign Brad Johnson for the back-up QB role? Seems some of the public thrashing directed a Wade Phillips should be directed to Jason Garrett.

As for my Texans ... we need changes at QB, HC, and along the OL. Sigh ... another football season watching the same mistakes week after week at Reliant Stadium. Still, the tailgating is worth it. Go Texans ... and go Wade Phillips. Wade Phillips --- once an Indian, always an Indian.

Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores