Football - Coaches

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nominate your choices for the all-time greatest coaches (head coach and assistants).

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Coach McCullam (sp?) who coached the 1955 team to a state championship.
Coach Louis Ford who coached the 1956 state champion team
Coach Doug Ethridge who coached the 1975 state champion team.

NDN34

Coach McCullom coached the 1953 State champs and Coach Ford coached the 1955 State Champs....

fan

I agree with Squaw -- and give the edge to Ford because of his total involvement with the district as coach, Supt. and his family's role with the Indianette's (Ms. Ford) to Buck (player/Trails of Victory) and Lew(player).

What about Matt - most winning ever and a trip to the big dance. His family's involved too.

My impression on Ethridge was he was just about his career -- He loved the mid 70s era with being able to coach his son's Richie and Randy and the success in years 2-5, but no doubt in my mind -and I played for him 2 varsity seasons mostly as a 2nd teamer- he was about his career and nothing wrong with that --we sure benefited as players/fans. Give credit to Ethridge we won games.

Sidenote -- did you all see how humble and positive Matt was in Hallabertons article in The News was this morning? It takes a LOT of class to go to that Stadium with a smile and a handshake every Friday.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Fan...was that story in the online version of the PAN.. I tried looking for it but didn't see it.

Do u have the link?

fan

My bad, it was Bmt. Ent. and the writer is Ryan Clarke.

it's a great read and untill anyone is put in a position like that you have no idea how awkward it is -- you might not like his coaching style, but the fact is he is the most winning ever at PNG -- what a straight up gut he is.

fan

I meant straight up GUY -- spell check did not catch gut.

Freudian slip, one complant against Matt was he ran it up the gut too much.

I really enjoy this board and my hat is off to the folks that make it happen- you all are the best and thank you for your time.

N

NDNPARENT

agree, but i am worried that after his contract is up that other schools will try to get him.. have to make him want to stay here and the PNGISD will have to pay the money to keep him .

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Brandon Faircloth
Added a couple of weeks ago.

Plus has a permanent bio page.

And his place in history stands.

The individual(s) that gave him a hard time? Will not even be a footnote of any history other than a poor reputation.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores