Good Luck in your senior season RJ

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With limited action in his 3 seasons so far, including a freshman and sophomore season when he should have started in front of Keontay Ingram, RJ is currently 28th on the all-time UT rushing record chart. Only 8 UT backs since records have been kept have an average per carry higher than Johnson. If he just gains the same yardage this season as last year, he'll finish at #17 all-time on the UT rushing record list. A 1,043 yard senior season would place him at #10 all-time. A leader and warrior on the field, THE leader of the 2022 offense, but an under utilized player who would have much larger stats and impact if he'd gotten the playing time. And in three seasons he has thrown ONLY one pass. Wasted capability. Just another reason why Texas is Texas with little success since 2005. Hoping they change that during RJ's senior season.

bandkid

Staff member
I told RJ's brother this four years ago. UT's program, at least prior to Sark, was never going to give Roschon the recognition he deserved, either for his physical ability or his leadership ability. The mentality at UT is very different than it is at other campuses with major D1 football programs, and that has a lot to do with why UT has underperformed the last decade or more.

I know he and his family are all major UT fans and that going to UT was a lifelong dream for him, but I wish he'd gone somewhere else that would have given him the playing time and the opportunities that young man has more than earned.

I hope someone at the professional level realizes how much of a steal RJ is, and snatches him up. Rooting for a JJ Watt-like situation where he gets opportunities in the pros that he never got in college and finally gets to shine.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been a UT fan my entire life but logical thinking wins. As arguably the flagship university in the state with the largest athletic budget in the nation, they have failed miserably to consistently produce winning programs. Even TCU has made UT look foolish for years in sports and Texas finally bought their AD with mixed results since. They have failed in their development and use of RJ but he may still have a huge year as their highly touted starter Robinson is prone to injuries.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores