Middle School Construction Plans & Progress

bandkid

Staff member
Any information on the progress with the middle schools?

And while I'm at it, does anyone have a copy of the plans for the middle schools that they could post? I know they have them for the high school, so I'm sure that the middle school plans are somewhere.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Junior High plans

http://png.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/446867/File/Bond/GMSPNMS_VE-05-21-08_final.pdf?sessionid=749114cce6cc8bab7ee7211f33a7cb87

Bond update March 17,2009

http://www.boardbook.org/apps/bbv2/temp/4A71EAB6-9362-A88A-D0D0AC9F985AE521.pdf

bandkid

Staff member
Justafan said:
Junior High plans

http://png.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/446867/File/Bond/GMSPNMS_VE-05-21-08_final.pdf?sessionid=749114cce6cc8bab7ee7211f33a7cb87

Bond update March 17,2009

http://www.boardbook.org/apps/bbv2/temp/4A71EAB6-9362-A88A-D0D0AC9F985AE521.pdf

Thanks

NDNband69

500+ Posts
A shot from Port Neches Middle school from last week.
DSCF5741.jpg

bandkid

Staff member
Groves is moving along so much faster then Port Neches, and the only reason that the construction company can offer is that they just "buckled down" with Groves. What's wrong with this picture?

NONS81

bandkid said:
Groves is moving along so much faster then Port Neches, and the only reason that the construction company can offer is that they just "buckled down" with Groves. What's wrong with this picture?

Actually, they admitted last night that they had some problems with some sub contractors and that has been remedied. The scedule is off by more than a month and hopefully we will see an excellerated schedule soon.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:

Speed is not always a good thing. I worked in a state office for two years that was built very fast. My carpet got soaked every time it rained.

NONS81

allstarmom said:
well...when the workers don't show up before 9 and are gone before school lets out at 3:30 what can you expect???

This topic was addressed also and they just need to be glad it is not me running the job!!! The speed was also addressed, we don't want to sacrifice the quality of the work for speed, but as stated above, this is not an 8 hr work day!!! And I would be reviewing time sheets very carefully, at this point, if it was a T & M job, but it isn't. However, we pay to the Construction Manager, surely, they are not paying for a full work week!!! I would also be riding by very often and checking it out every day. What is sad, is that we shouldn't have to do that, that is what a Construction Manager gets paid for.

I still chuckle at what was stated in the PANews, they stated that the unique shape of the building is what was holding things up!!! Can you believe that? Guess what, the shape of the building was on the plans that they would have used to bid the job!!!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Remember the same contractor building PNMS is the same who did the stadium and remember how long it took them to complete that.
So it maybe 2010 before it is completed.

NONS81

I guess my point is that you have too many people in the construction industry, in this area, that will throw the BS flag when they hear it!!! Which reminds me, if any of you hear of something that sounds like a bunch of bull, where this construction is concerned, please call a board member and tell them so. The board can only act on what they are told. Give them some amunition, if you have it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores