Native heritage and history — erased in concerted efforts by powerful groups in a woke culture — are resurfacing

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Celebrated Blackfeet chief John Two Guns White Calf was sacrificed on the altar of cancel culture.

Now an effort to save the indigenous hero's legacy as well as larger Native history from a woke agenda is beginning to spread nationwide.

White Calf was the face of the NFL’s Washington Redskins for 48 years. Before receiving that honor, he was one of the most famous Native Americans of the 20th century.

But then his name, image, achievements — his very existence, really — were erased by the politically connected National Congress of American Indians (NCAI), headquartered in Washington, D.C.

White Calf was erased from the NFL, too. The Redskins, under mounting pressure fueled in large part by the NCAI, dumped its White Calf portrait logo in 2020 and adopted the name Commanders in 2021.

Read more…

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores