Power Lifting Schedule

littleindian

I was wondering where a person can find a schedule of all the meets that are scheduled for the 2009 year? I also was wondering why the results of the previous meets have not been published in the newspapers since our guys and girls have all done a great job! Many have taken 1st and 2nd in their division. Keep up the good work guys and girls!

mcfstrainer

2009 Powerlifting Schedule
1/10 Nederland
1/24 West Brook (Varsity Boys and Girls only)
2/07 Lumberton
2/14 Livingston
2/28 West Brook (Last Regional Qualifiers Date)
3/07 Mayde Creek (Boys Regional Championships)
3/12 Palacious (Girls Regional Championships)
3/20 Corpus Christi (Girls State Championships)
3/28 Abilene (Boys State Championships)
Come out and support we would love to see you guys there! :woot:

littleindian

Thanks for the schedule and thanks to you and your wife for all that you do at the meets! :clap: We are always there helping support. We would love to see a little public recognition for all that hard work and dedication that the guys and girls do.

indian20106

lmao. we didnt get public recognition by the papers for going to state and winning at state... only way itll happen is if someone contacts halliburton

littleindian

Ok, well let's see what we can do to get them some recognition. They deserve something for their hard work and dedication. :woohoo: Does the information have to come from coach Broussard?

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
indian20106 said:
lmao. we didnt get public recognition by the papers for going to state and winning at state... only way itll happen is if someone contacts halliburton

I didn't know PNG had won state in PL. We watch 6 News every night and they never mention power lifting. That is sad. They definitely need the recognition!

indian20106

mikey poirier josh wright and blake brooks are the regional qualifiers this year. brooks is 3rd in 165 poirier 5th wright 1st in 198

indian20106

Wright went and won last year. no recognition was given. brooks and cortez also went cortez got 2nd brooks bombed out.. this year wright brooks and poirier are going. no recognition still... i think its a big deal to be goin to state in any sporting event

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The only recognition for lifting will probably be here. It's never been recognized much by the newspapers.

Congrats, keep everyone updated.

indian20106

i think the papers should be notified for anyone even going to state. its an honor. it shows your among the strongest guys in state. it shows your hard work and how many hours you put into the gym. and winning. thats once in a lifetime.. because at state the judges are so critical on form and everything.. winning is against the odds

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone has photos, send them over and I'll post something on the web site.

send to: webmaster@pngindians.com

littleindian

Way to go you three! :clap: Heard Wright was getting an interview Monday. Hope everyone that is a regional qualifier this year is mentioned in the article. Keep up the hard work!

mcfstrainer

Regional Qualifiers are:

Girls:

Chelsea Hammonds - 132 lb. class

Boys:

Kevin Angus - 114 lb. class
Blake Brooks - 165 lb. class
Mikey Poirer - 165 lb. class
Caleb Harmon - 181 lb. class
Josh Wright - 198 lb. class

Boys Regionals will be held this Saturday (March 7) at Mayde Creek High School; Girls Regionals will be held next Thursday (March 12) at Palacios High School. Will keep everyone posted with results and some pictures. Good luck guys and Chelsea.

littleindian

Nice article about Josh by Halliburton. I only wish Angus, Brooks, Poirier, Harmon & Hammonds would have at least been mentioned. I feel that they put in just as much hard work and dedication! Good luck guys this Saturday at Regionals :)!

littleindian

Congratulations Poirier, Brooks and Wright! All placed at regionals and will advance to State!!! :woohoo: Best of luck to all of you!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores