Regional powerlifting meet

JFirehog

PNG competed at regional's today..............Josh Wright,Mikey Poirier,Blake Brooks will go on to state finals. Caleb Harmon had a injury and couldn't compete after doing his squat.

Josh Wright was outstanding lifter in the heavy weight division....outstanding in the squat division.....outstanding in bench, heavy weight division....1st. place in 198lb.weight class, regional champ.....also set new total pound record of 1680lbs in our region, old record was 1675. I didn't get Blake or Mikey's totals, but they were well above the total needed to qualify.State finals will be in Abilene March 27.

86ndn

Congratulations to Chelsea Hammonds, this is her first year of powerlifting and she has advanced to the Regional meet to be held Thursday, March 12 in Palacios, Texas. GOOD LUCK CHELS!

2cndn

I got my first attempt on squat with 245 and scratched on my other two. On bench I got 150 and then disqualified for what they call dumping the bar (intentionally dropping the bar) on my last deadlift of 300. It was a very questionable call that many of the coaches and parents strongly disagreed with. Its ok though, I will be working hard for next year. :cheesy:

GOOD LUCK at state Blake, Mikey, and Josh! :woot:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores