Roschon Johnson -2023 - Every Run and Catch

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
RJ is limited by the blocking of that offensive line. He’ll have to look for ways to make each opportunity more dynamic if he wants to stand out.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Left Washington game with concussion after 3 carries for 19 yards. Hope he recovers soon.
News: 11 hours ago. Johnson (concussion) has been ruled out for the rest of Thursday's game against the Commanders.

Spin: Johnson exited the game in the second quarter to be evaluated for a concussion. While there's been no official announcement about his diagnosis, Johnson will be out for the game after recording three rushes for 19 yards. He'll have nine days to recover prior to the Bears' Week 6 matchup against the Vikings.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
With Herbert reportedly out “multiple weeks,” RJ stands to move up to RB1 as early as the next game provided he is released from concussion protocol by that time.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Still in concussion protocol almost two weeks after injury. Must have been a very bad concussion. Terribly bad luck for RJ given Herberts injury, which would have elevated him to RB1 status for at least 3-4 weeks. Hopefully he recovers soon and still has a chance to show what he can do.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Still in concussion protocol almost two weeks after injury. Must have been a very bad concussion. Terribly bad luck for RJ given Herberts injury, which would have elevated him to RB1 status for at least 3-4 weeks. Hopefully he recovers soon and still has a chance to show what he can do.
RJ doesn’t have the best of luck. I hope this is not an ongoing concern that could actually limit his time in the league. But most importantly, I hope his health remains good. He’s only got 1 brain.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Poor RJ. Out with concussion 2nd straight week. One of the longest I can recall in the NFL. However, they are definitely being more cautious since the “Tua” incident. In any case, I hope he is OK.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Word is he is expected to clear protocol by Wednesday and practice on that day (currently in stage 4 out of 5). Good news.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Practiced yesterday. Should play on Sunday Night Football this week. Will unfortunately be back to RB2, this time behind Foreman, but I guess the climb begins again this week. In any case, he appears to have recovered fully from the concussion.

90NDN

500+ Posts
The timing couldn't have come at a worse time for his injury...but he will have plenty of time.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Not a great game for RJ vs the Chargers. Probably a bit rusty after the layoff and as usual not enough touches to get into any king of rhythm. Also, the terrible OL doesn’t help. Did about as good as Foreman but Evans did a bit better than both of them (with limited touches for all three) and could also push him for playing time. Hopefully he gets back on track vs the Saints.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
So far it’s looking like UT all over again. Flashes of goodness but can’t quite make the big plays that could remove doubt about his ability and establish him as the starter.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores