Scoreboard Location

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Someone asked me at the Track Meet Friday why the scoreboard was moved from the South end of the field to the North end and I realized that I didn't know why. I am sure any numbers of members to this site can enlighten me. We use to meet our Nederland kidfolks "under the scoreboard" after MCM so I guess we will have to decide if we will meet near the fieldhouse or under the scoreboard in the future. Maybe another tradition hits the dirt!

badndn

500+ Posts
Because when they moved the stands from the north end of the stadium it left a big void there looking on to the water plant (not pretty). Also the team can watch the intro as they come onto the field (get 'em more fired up) where it is now!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Because when they moved the stands from the north end of the stadium it left a big void there looking on to the water plant (not pretty). Also the team can watch the intro as they come onto the field (get 'em more fired up) where it is now!
What?? It cost the City of PN almost $10,000 to have the Indian logo painted on the water tower. Why would anyone say its not a pretty sight?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
badndn said:
What?? It cost the City of PN almost $10,000 to have the Indian logo painted on the water tower. Why would anyone say its not a pretty sight?
Sorry, forgot to say, we would like to have the student section back so the parents can enjoy the game and no one else's kids are climbing on and over us "old folks". I hate the move.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
badndn said:

The key word here is "plant". Water plant, not water tower. He's referring to the eye sore across the street from the stadium and behind the fire station.

akifan94

500+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
squaw said:
badndn said:

The key word here is "plant". Water plant, not water tower. He's referring to the eye sore across the street from the stadium and behind the fire station.

I like it. At least if you can not here Cherokee on the North end you have the closest view of the board.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It looks good on the north end. On the other side is an unobscured view of the field house which still looks unique.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
squaw said:
badndn said:

Yes, but its one of the most technologically advanced water systems in the State of Texas.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores