Sports Safety Gear

sharon3494

Hi...My Name is : Sharon, I am a concerned Parent/Grandmother... I follow and use the Cyber Community, Facebook... as I have granddaughters and nieces whom love and participate in the sports arena, they type their view of the events of the day with each other, IE. softball, soccer, and dodge-ball...I do not Understand the priorities of the financial officers..there at PNG.ICD.. distributing the large amounts of money for reconstruction improvements and NOT ALLOWING/NOT SHOWING a BUDGIT to be set aside for SAFTY GEAR FOR THE RUFF AND TUFF HURTFUL Games .. the children were made to continue playing with injuries and many crying with pain... the NON-Action for the SAFTY GEAR should be enough to "shut down those games" until they are furnished with SAFTY GEAR! I am very angry that more care has not been given to the physical well being for the Students playing in Sports! I could give you a detailed needed list of items for this issue... including costs with some data from you..but that is not my job..my job, is to inform you of my concerns before taking this matter further...what will do you on this matter?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Just a question or two: What sport are you referring to? What type of safety equipment do you think we need? What sport are you referring to as "ruff and tuff hurtful games"? I've lived in this community over 40 years and my hubby has lived here 70 years and I've been familiar with and even worked for PNGISD and I've never known them to ever disregard a student's well-being. Its OK to address or question things, but please don't be so defiant when you do so-that's not OK. I've found that if you ask questions nicely of the people who really know the answers, they will always respond and many times the answers I've gotten were totally different from what I was told. Ask questions of the appropriate people before getting hostile about PNGISD.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
afndn said:
Someones speak-n-spell ran out of batteries.
No lie! I may have sounded a little rude, but I couldn't even tell what she was upset about and I don't like anyone cutting down my school district. I may question some practices, but, as a taxpayer, that is my right and responsibility. Can anyone tell what she's angry about? And, you're right, someone needs to show her how to use Spell Check.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I think a phone call to the school or better yet to the coach of whatever sport it is that you have a problem with should get you the answers you are looking for.

What sport is it that is not providing safety equipment?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Whats the problem? Do we have football players out there without helmets?

I'm not quite understanding the issue here. If a kid is hurt, get a parent's note or doctor's note.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
When's the next "Ruff & Tuff Hurtful" game. I don't want to miss another one! :rocks:

Next Friday Night! And about 5 more times after that. :helmet:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores