Stadium dedication?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows if we will have some kind of ceremony to dedicate the new stadium? I will be really disappointed if they don't, it's too nice of a facility not to do something.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
I was wondering if anyone knows if we will have some kind of ceremony to dedicate the new stadium? I will be really disappointed if they don't, it's too nice of a facility not to do something.

We've already had one. We won it, 21-17. ;D

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I haven't heard of anything. The pep rally would have been a perfect time. I'd love to donate pictures I took of the construction progress to be shown on the video screen during a dedication.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
That's true bandkid...but I think the community would still love a formal ceremony. The construction pics on the video screen is a great idea! Who would we ask about it, maybe someone on the school board or the HS principle?

bandkid

Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
That's true bandkid...but I think the community would still love a formal ceremony. The construction pics on the video screen is a great idea! Who would we ask about it, maybe someone on the school board or the HS principle?

I was just joking with you.

Honestly, it's a little late. A ribbon-cutting ceremony is really out of the question since we've all already been in it five times, two of which have been since completion. And besides, what do we call it? The first official game since the stadium's completion? We can't exactly call it the first game in the new stadium because that was the Livingston game last year, nor can we call it the first event in the complete stadium because we've already had the Spring Pep Rally and the Fire It Up Pep Rally there.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Oh, I know you were joking ;)! Actually, I wasn't really thinking about a ribbon cutting. I was thinking more along the lines of an "official" dedication ceremony. Even if it was just showing the pics from constuction to completion on the video screen before the game to some backgroud music. I heard they didn't do it last year because they wanted to wait until the stadium was completely finished, and that it would happen this Football Season, just haven't heard anything else about it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores