State Powerlifting Meet

JFirehog

This past weekend the state power lifting meet was held in Abilene. PNG brought three lifters to the meet. Josh Cortez in the 198lb. class,Josh Wright 181lb. class and Blake Brooks in the 148lb. class.
Josh Wright 3 way tie for first place...his total weight was 1515
Squat..575 Bench....370 Deadlift....570
Josh Cortez placed 2nd with a total weight of 1585
Squat...600 Bench...425 that set a new record. Deadlift...560

Blake Brooks was DQed with some really poor judging at his platform.
Jason Molina was a big help getting the Indians wrapped and ready to lift.
I've made all of the lifting meets PNG has went to. At every meet I have really been impressed with the way these young men represented themselves and the school. Josh Wright and Josh Cortez were number one or two in their weight class all season.That includes all divisions in the state. The lifting team as a whole did an outstanding job this year. Their lifting coach did a really good job getting these young men ready for the state meet... Way to go INDIANS

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
JFirehog said:
Josh Wright 3 way tie for first place...his total weight was 1515
Squat..575 Bench....370 Deadlift....570

His speed and his strength will make him VERY tough to bring down next year.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Do they test for any performance-enhancing drugs at the powerlifting meets? Just curious...

Is Wright going to play anywhere next year? He will be extremely hard to take down if so.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores