YMBL Tournament

carzan

500+ Posts
Here is a link to the PDF file

YMBL0001.jpg

bandkid

Staff member
There are some tough teams in there. I think we'll win G1 but I'm not too sure about G10.

Scalp 'em.

carzan

500+ Posts
Well, I have only seen us once this year and From that short exposure I believe we are capable of making some noise. If we can win just one game in the YMBL it will be an improvement over last years record. So I hope you are correct about our chances in G1.

GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!

carzan

500+ Posts
Oh and let me add, If you are correct about our first game then we must really be onto something because that SOC behind the word Dallas doesn't stand for "Sisters of Charity" it stands for "South Oak Cliff" and they are ranked #3 in 4a in the state of Texas at the moment.

Kinda funny how we get screwed in the draw at this tourney and at the Nederland Tourney every year! :angry:

bandkid

Staff member
carzan said:
Oh and let me add, If you are correct about our first game then we must really be onto something because that SOC behind the word Dallas doesn't stand for "Sisters of Charity" it stands for "South Oak Cliff" and they are ranked #3 in 4a in the state of Texas at the moment.

Kinda funny how we get screwed in the draw at this tourney and at the Nederland Tourney every year! :angry:

Oh, didn't know that. I thought it was the private school.

Yeah.... ;D

carzan

500+ Posts
bamakid said:
carzan said:

Oh, didn't know that. I thought it was the private school.

Yeah.... ;D

I thought that may be what you were thinking.

lu cards

100+ Posts
im a firm believer that playing great competition will only make you better.should be great experience for our kids.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
+ 1 ... play the best competition you can schedule and get better every day you take the court.

Go Indians. Peace.

carzan

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
im a firm believer that playing great competition will only make you better.should be great experience for our kids.

1989NDN said:
+ 1 ... play the best competition you can schedule and get better every day you take the court.

Go Indians. Peace.

I agree with that line of thinking up to a certain point. An embarrassing performance can be a little de-motivational also though. Every year we are always placed in the games going up against the best teams in attendance. At some point it reaches the rediculous. I can remember watching Galveston Ball (#2 in the state at the time) completely dismantle us a couple of years ago in Nederland (again, 1st round of tourney) and it really knocked us for a loop for a couple of games from a confidence standpoint. All it does is throw us straight into the losers bracket immediately therefore making any kind of a decent showing for the tournament that much more difficult. It always amazes me that so many have this "play the best" philosophy yet if you will watch how ANY tournament in southeast texas is set up, the host teams NEVER play the tough competition first. I guess it is just another example of small things others do to try and bring PNG down. It never has and never will work!

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Big Chief Tablet said:
Looks like we must have improved quite a bit today! Dallas SOC beat us by almost 40 points!
It was alot closer going into halftime. Dallas SOC went on a 27-2 run in the 3rd quarter because we couldn't handle the pressure defense, and poor passing, and shot selection. We held our own in the first half, but they will have to learn to play a whole game to compete.

lu cards

100+ Posts
Big Chief Tablet said:
Looks like we must have improved quite a bit today! Dallas SOC beat us by almost 40 points!
yeah,i think playing one of the best 4a teams in the state will help you down the road.pat is trying to build a program that competes not only in district but statewide.you gotta take some lumps to get there.i know the png faithful arent satisified with just making the playoffs in football.should be the same in basketball.

carzan

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
Big Chief Tablet said:
yeah,i think playing one of the best 4a teams in the state will help you down the road.pat is trying to build a program that competes not only in district but statewide.you gotta take some lumps to get there.i know the png faithful arent satisified with just making the playoffs in football.should be the same in basketball.

Disagree completely!!! Our kids didn't learn a thing by getting beat by 39 points by a team who didn't even take us seriously!

carzan

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
gotta climb out of the sandbox at some point.look at 3a hardin jefferson theyll play anybody any time.

Then why arent they in thier backyard at the YMBL instead of all the way down in Aransas playing other 3a's?

carzan

500+ Posts
And again, Im not taking the position we should not play tough teams. We just always get the toughest team at the tournament in the first round!

I also believe there needs to be a tough schedule with some moderation though.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores