1967 basketball team.

U

UltimateUTfan

I am brand new to this site. I came across older posts referencing best PN-G basketball players and D-1 basketball players from PN-G.
The 1967 Indian basketball team was special in that ALL members played only basketball year round. Coached by Cecil Green, the Indians were led by the heart of the team, low post Jerry Sterling. Mike Recio was the point guard and wings included Jon Seaux, Mike Young and Bruce Cozad. Centers were Ricky Duplantis, who later played basketball at Texad A & M, and Harry Montgomery. Ricky Heider was added from the JV for the playoffs. The district championship was clinched with a victory ever the Yellowjackets on the road.
Despite the low numbers of players, the Indians played an uptempo style, usually pressing and fast breaking the entire game.
In 1967, the Indians played in brand new gym, frequently filled to capacity. It was a fine time for Port Neches-Groves basketball.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores