1975 Texas 4A State Championship - Port Neches-Groves vs. Odessa Permian - RARE

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
On the football site, check the audio gallery under Fan Zone.

It's great, but will leave you in suspense mode and yearning to hear the rest of the broadcast. :)

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Awesome historical addition to the website, but you're right about it being a big-time teaser. I was hoping the broadcast would last at least through the kickoff, which Mark Buchanan returned 55 yards and was one step from going all the way. I was lucky enough to be at the game and it would be great to re-live the experience again by listening to the entire broadcast. As far as video is concerned, Beau Freyou told me that unfortunately the game films were destroyed by a water leak. So there are only a few personal 8mm film clips of the game.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pngfanatic said:
Awesome historical addition to the website, but you're right about it being a big-time teaser. I was hoping the broadcast would last at least through the kickoff, which Mark Buchanan returned 55 yards and was one step from going all the way. I was lucky enough to be at the game and it would be great to re-live the experience again by listening to the entire broadcast. As far as video is concerned, Beau Freyou told me that unfortunately the game films were destroyed by a water leak. So there are only a few personal 8mm film clips of the game.

Speaking of, an updated web site will be appearing in the future. It will be the best high school football team site on the planet!

But I need the historical content to keep coming in. A few have stepped up, still waiting on some others.

I wish we could locate the '77 game as well.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
One thing I noticed about that radio broadcast, is that the quality seemed much better than what we accept as he norm today. Great job of mixing in stadium sounds so you feel as though you are there!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I have been making attempts to contact various fans over in Odessa trying to locate a copy of the 1975 SC game. The last one I spoke to said he as well has looked to no avail for the game. I begining to even wonder if it was ever played....LOL This was another blow to my attempt. This guy has copies of many MOJO game from that time but for some reason this one is a ghost!!!! IF anyone has an idea please let me know. Im sure most probably do not or we would have seen it by now!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I've done the same for the last 15 years. I was hoping at least the audio might have finally surfaced. But I guess the intro is all that will be available.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
This guy has acess to MOJO's semi-final game but not the SC game

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Were either of the championship games televised? I can't remember.

Seems that I remember someone saying that archived footage from a local news station was lost in a fire. And maybe the game tape was in that location. Not sure, that could be inaccurate.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores