2016 PN-G Marching Band, Twirlers & Indianetes

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Big thumbs up to all of the kids participating this year in the halftime entertainment and pageantry of what has been marveled at for years by many. Great numbers in the band and they sound great! Could not imagine PN-G without this group of kids.

I saw where someone got their panties in a wad over the band not playing much in the stands at last Friday's game at home vs Livingston. Figured there may have been a band competition or solo and ensemble contest this past weekend and maybe the kids were trying no to over do it? Anyone have any insight?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I saw the band, et al. at the GCM game at Stallworth. Good numbers in the band and they sounded great. They played Cherokee often and it raised the hair on my arms each time I heard it. I did notice that the number of Indianettes seemed a tad light. Not complaining, just an observation. My kids loved seeing the Indian Spirit and he was happy to pose with them for a picture. He was a nice young man. I'm looking forward to seeing the team and band, et al. again this week at Stallworth for the REL game. It's an easy drive from Houston to Stallworth. The past few years the band has been big and loud. Happy to see all the PN-GISD kids involved. Those kids are adding more bricks in the wall of PN-G's HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The band is slightly bigger this year. Large crop of freshmen, which may account for less music being played in the stands... until they get the hang of it.
Someone counted the songs played last week (just to compare to the complaint) and the list was probably in the 30-45's. That's a lot of blowing in 3 hours!

There will ALWAYS be someone unhappy about SOMETHING. That's life.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Did I hear straight 1's at competition?

Yes! Straight 1's

We not only have a huge band, but the Indianettes perform at competition also. You don't see to many drill teams do that around here

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
NDNTime said:
Did I hear straight 1's at competition?

Yes! Straight 1's

We not only have a huge band, but the Indianettes perform at competition also. You don't see to many drill teams do that around here

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! These kids put in so much work to hone their craft, beginning at the end of July/1st of August. The Friday Night Experience, and the special spirit at the Reservation, does not exist without the band and Indianettes. Way to go guys and gals! We are proud of you! Keep representing PNG well!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Region X Marching Contest results
Published 5:09 pm Tuesday, October 18, 2016

PORT NECHES — Results of the University Interscholastic League Region X Marching Contest were recently released and local bands made top scores.

Nederland High School — 1

Port Neches-Groves High School — 1

Bridge City High School — 1

Orangefield High School — 2

Hamshire-Fanette High School — 2

Little Cypress-Mauriceville — 1

Livingston High School — 2

Lumberton High School — 1

Vidor High School — 1

Central Medical Magnet High School — 3

Ozen High School — 3

West Brook High School — 2

http://www.panews.com/2016/10/18/region-x-marching-contest-results/

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Wow! The talent in this district is astounding. Stick around for every halftime, you will not be disappointed.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores