A message for PN-G alumni

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A message was left on the web site from Larry D. Jacobs Sr. that I'll copy here.

"Congrats to the 2023 PN-G Indians State Football Champions from the PN-G Class of 1964.

Al Simon, the alternate to the 1963 Indian Spirit Ray Gibson, has found the ORIGINAL Black and White costume worn by the FIRST Indian Spirit, Jamie Rohe, in 1961. Jamie also served as the Indian Spirit in 1962. Pictures are in the Annuals.

The concept of an Indian Spirit was initiated by then Principal Oliver Monk following Jamie’s performance at the annual student variety show in 1961. The costume will be restored by the Class of ’64 under Al’s leadership. We hope that It will be housed in the PN-G ISD Central Office.

The Class of ’64 will have it’s 60th reunion in October, 2024, around Homecoming weekend (if possible). A Costume dedication will be planned for that time with the help and guidance of Principal Dr. Scott Ryan.

We also hope to visit the PN-G Veteran’s Memorial Brick project developed by Dr. Ryan. Every member of our class who served in the US Military has been honored.

More information will follow."

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of Jamie Rohe, the original Indian Spirit, may he rest in peace. His memory will always be associated with PN-G and memorialized with the planned display of the original outfit mentioned above.

More recognition of Mr Rohe’s talent and accomplishments.

bandkid

Staff member
I didn’t realize he died. I recall him returning to PN-G for the homecoming game around the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Indian Spirit. He could still dance the dance. Another major contributor to PN-G culture whose legacy will live on at the school.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores