Football - Defense

Mark Binagia 89 ndns

As an Indian football player and Coach; Brad Burnett was a Beast and an Animal constantly unstoppable on the Defensive Line. When he coached the 89 season as defensive line coach he groomed greats like Scott Lawson David Whitehead Vince Chisholm and Ends David Satcher and Mark Binagia! I can still hear him screaming you whooped em before they could get there hands on you and if they do you got to get pissed off and explode through em you got to bow up bow up and knock their face mask off.! Man Coach Burnett would fire up the whole defense with his enthusiasm that made us players execute to perfection with a high level of enthusiasm! Coach Burnett was one of the best Defensive lineman to have ever have played for the Indians probably top 3 of all time I’d say number one but I don’t know his statistics
I’m sorry gentlemen I meant coach Matt Burnett was also a great defensive player I said Brad Burnett by mistake on my comment! Brad and Matt Burnett were both very explosive players! I had the great opportunity to play for Coach Matt Burnett he was a great coach and an awesome mentor and leader to all of us young men in the 1989 season! What an honor it was to play for Coach Terry Cobb as my Defensive End coach and Matt Burnett as my defensive line coach! These men are some of the greatest Indian coaches of all time!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Another impressive defensive tackle from the early 90s was #72 Jake Burnett. He was almost unblockable and led a 1992 defense that only allowed 7.8 points per game in the regular season with 3 shutouts and a 6 game streak of only 19 total points allowed.

Unfortunately Silsbee was strong that year and beat the Indians week 3 and in the bi-district game. Out of the 120 points allowed in ‘92, Silsbee scored 69 of them.

Jake Burnett was named all-state in 1992.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Another impressive defensive tackle from the early 90s was #72 Jake Burnett. He was almost unblockable and led a 1992 defense that only allowed 7.8 points per game in the regular season with 3 shutouts and a 6 game streak of only 19 total points allowed.

Unfortunately Silsbee was strong that year and beat the Indians week 3 and in the bi-district game. Out of the 120 points allowed in ‘92, Silsbee scored 69 of them.

Jake Burnett was named all-state in 1992.
My senior year

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores