Football - Offense

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Bob S. said:
My first post here.

If someone doesn't mention Jeff Bergeron I'm going to have a conniption fit! So I'll save myself the trouble!

Bergeron was the #1 rated HS RB in America his senior year. #2 was a guy named Tony Dorsett. I think this was by Parade ... not sure. Also know that The Jet was way sub 10 seconds in the 100.

He was also pressed into defensive service against Lincoln and the great Joe Washington Jr. Saw him catch Little Joe within 30 yards with Washington having a good 5-7 yard lead. This was Bergerons Jr. season.

'The Jet' is without a doubt one of the best ever at PN-G.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDN34 said:
Gordon Leboeuf, TB, 1955 State Champs....All State, played at Texas A&M under Bear Bryant

http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/gordonleboeuf

http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/frenchmen

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG has had so many great running backs, its hard to choose just one but Jeff Bergeron was so exciting to watch and I, personally, have never seen another like him. He didn't have to use fancy footwork, all he had to do was run! He could literally jump over people trying to block him. He got me excited about the PNG Indians and I haven't gotten over it yet. I'm still waiting for another All American to appear in my lifetime. Unless you personally saw Jeff play, its impossible to describe.

blueduck

Gordon LeBoeuf - Tailback - 1953,54,55. All-District - 1953,54,55, All-State - 1954,55,
All-Southern - 1955, All-American - 1955. Led the State in rushing in
1955. No. 2 Blue chipper in the State, behind Charles Milsted. Played
for Bear Bryant at Texas A&M. Also mentioned in the book the
Junction Boys. Drafted by the NY Titans (NY Jets). Definately my
choice as the best running back to ever wear the Indian uniform.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
blueduck said:
Gordon LeBoeuf - Tailback - 1953,54,55. All-District - 1953,54,55, All-State - 1954,55,
All-Southern - 1955, All-American - 1955. Led the State in rushing in
1955. No. 2 Blue chipper in the State, behind Charles Milsted. Played
for Bear Bryant at Texas A&M. Also mentioned in the book the
Junction Boys. Drafted by the NY Titans (NY Jets). Definately my
choice as the best running back to ever wear the Indian uniform.

Already inducted and definitely at the top of the list of all-time greats.
http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/gordonleboeuf

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
squaw said:
PNG has had so many great running backs, its hard to choose just one but Jeff Bergeron was so exciting to watch and I, personally, have never seen another like him. He didn't have to use fancy footwork, all he had to do was run! He could literally jump over people trying to block him. He got me excited about the PNG Indians and I haven't gotten over it yet. I'm still waiting for another All American to appear in my lifetime. Unless you personally saw Jeff play, its impossible to describe.

Already inducted and is a legend at running back.
http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/jeffbergeron

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
Indian99 said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Caleb Harmon should be in here. Maybe. ;D
Now why in the world would you say him? He hasn't done anything(sarcasm) ;). I agree he should be discussed since he is now #2 on the all time rushing list on his way to the top. He is a powerful runner and if you notice always falling forward for that extra yard or two.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
3 and almost 2 they still have a lil while.

Also his 3 year old is almost as tall as my 5 1/2 year old. His boys are going to be huge and fast.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNfan#1 said:
Indian99 said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Caleb Harmon should be in here. Maybe. ;D
Now why in the world would you say him? He hasn't done anything(sarcasm) ;). I agree he should be discussed since he is now #2 on the all time rushing list on his way to the top. He is a powerful runner and if you notice always falling forward for that extra yard or two.

An unspoken requirement is to graduate from high school before being inducted into the unofficial hall of honor here. ;D

bark

1,000+ Posts
another state championship golf tourney in Rockport April 13 - 16 call down and get a reservation quick. I am sure lots will turn out!!

oldindian69

2010 OL LT Kyler Nicotre
LG Gabe Langois
C ? Parks
RG Patrick Braud
RT Greg Lunceford

As of 2-19-13 Nicotre @ Missouri Valley College ( red shirt freshman ) Langois 2yrs.@ LSU Lunceford 2 yrs. @ Kilgore now playing @ Southeast Oklahoma State...

These 5 guys are the best OL I have witnessed in my many years @ The Reservation.....Many records were set in passing & running......Lunceford & Nicotre made All State honors.....really miss watching those guys make holes for Harmon & Bertrand......pass blocking for Doty.....I believe these 5 were the best line ever @ PN-G.......

bandkid

Staff member
The center you're wondering about is Ben Parks. He is not currently playing college ball, but he was a great center.

Lumpy77

oldindian69 said:
2010 OL LT Kyler Nicotre
LG Gabe Langois
C ? Parks
RG Patrick Braud
RT Greg Lunceford

As of 2-19-13 Nicotre @ Missouri Valley College ( red shirt freshman ) Langois 2yrs.@ LSU Lunceford 2 yrs. @ Kilgore now playing @ Southeast Oklahoma State...

These 5 guys are the best OL I have witnessed in my many years @ The Reservation.....Many records were set in passing & running......Lunceford & Nicotre made All State honors.....really miss watching those guys make holes for Harmon & Bertrand......pass blocking for Doty.....I believe these 5 were the best line ever @ PN-G.......

I have to say I'm extremely flattered by this statement. But I can't see my name on this board and not my brother's. Cory Lunceford was one of the best lineman to play the game at PNG. He also had All-State honors and played very briefly at Blinn.

IndianFan said:
2003 line was excellent as well. Maybe a better run blocking unit.

I will have to disagree with this statement though. Not only did Caleb Harmon break the second all time rushing record running behind us in the 2009 season but Chase Bertrand also broke Harmon's record the following season. Two different running backs, two different seasons, same offensive line. Parks and Braud did not start in the 2009 season but played several games. No other offensive line in PNG history accomplished what we did when it came to running the football.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Lumpy77 said:
oldindian69 said:
2010 OL LT Kyler Nicotre
LG Gabe Langois
C ? Parks
RG Patrick Braud
RT Greg Lunceford

I have to say I'm extremely flattered by this statement. But I can't see my name on this board and not my brother's. Cory Lunceford was one of the best lineman to play the game at PNG. He also had All-State honors and played very briefly at Blinn.

IndianFan said:
2003 line was excellent as well. Maybe a better run blocking unit.

I will have to disagree with this statement though. Not only did Caleb Harmon break the second all time rushing record running behind us in the 2009 season but Chase Bertrand also broke Harmon's record the following season. Two different running backs, two different seasons, same offensive line. Parks and Braud did not start in the 2009 season but played several games. No other offensive line in PNG history accomplished what we did when it came to running the football.

What about the guys from the 53,55,75 team and the 60's? Miller, Dorsey, Esquevel, Avant,Heldueser, Robinson, Aggie, etc...I didn't think Lungsford ever actually played at Blinn.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores