Hazing?

pngbax20

100+ Posts
While on the subject of remembering things. I remember the bleacher creatures.I don't know what happened to them but they were fun.I guess they turned into g-crew not really sure.to be honest haven't really noticed them this year.I don't think our fan support has been what it use to.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
PNGBax20 said:
While on the subject of remembering things. I remember the bleacher creatures.I don't know what happened to them but they were fun.I guess they turned into g-crew not really sure.to be honest haven't really noticed them this year.I don't think our fan support has been what it use to.

I think some people want fan support and others don't. Some people don't want people yelling ad hollaring all night long. I personally don't mind that because I like to get up and hollar in support of the boys. Other people say they want to support the team just be quiet about it. I personally don't like sitting around a bunch of people who don't yell to support the players. JMHO

pngbax20

100+ Posts
my wife was at a kenny chesney concert and the people behind asked her to sit down.i dont know what people think is proper behavior for sporting events and concerts.It would be different if it was like golf with people holding signs asking for silence.Players at all levels want to hear the crowd go nuts.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The term snowflake is appropriate these days. Hazing? You mean like guys having their heads shaved, bowing, leap frog, pushing coins with your nose, carrying a seniors tray, etc, etc. Big deal. It was all in fun. As long as not physically harmed or taken out of hand, it made sophomores feel like a part of things and they returned the favor a few years later when they became seniors. People need to toughen up.

Torino

500+ Posts
The term snowflake is appropriate these days. Hazing? You mean like guys having their heads shaved, bowing, leap frog, pushing coins with your nose, carrying a seniors tray, etc, etc. Big deal. It was all in fun. As long as not physically harmed or taken out of hand, it made sophomores feel like a part of things and they returned the favor a few years later when they became seniors. People need to toughen up.
Trust me, hazing there became much worse. Remember a situation where seniors held down a freshman in the dressing room and urinated on him.

And, there was a much, much worse outcome of a poor child who was hazed till he couldn't take it anymore in about 2005. Sickening that this could have been allowed to occur. If you aren't close to the situation you just can't know. The worst hazers are those who weren't severely hazed. I dealt with hazing at the university level.

Last edited:

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts

Would you like some calling you a 'Snowflake'? Snowflake" is a derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

The word is used as form of bullying, nothing appropriate about bullying in schools.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Would you like some calling you a 'Snowflake'? Snowflake" is a derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

The word is used as form of bullying, nothing appropriate about bullying in schools.
Fair enough but taken out of context. But you did just describe some qualities often prevalent in recent generations. Any employer or teacher will validate that. The term is also used to describe someone who is too sensitive.

Certainly unsafe or threatening hazing is not appropriate. What we’re discussing is none of that. The point was a person, young or old will face adversity. Trying to shield them from every small unpleasantry results in lessened ability to handle real adversity. Speaking for myself , I stood toe to toe with any senior that tried to make me do anything. They lost interest every time.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Geesh, I had to do ALL of this. oh what a kinder gentler group folks are now. It didn't mess me up, it was part of what happened. I ran from folks FOR FUN to keep from getting my head shaved, but when I was caught.... ok fine. Again............ geesh

90NDN

500+ Posts
Honestly, I'm pretty surprised this even goes on in this PC day and age. When I think hazing, I always think of getting licks like in "Dazed and Confused" hah.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Does hazing still occur at the high school? Thought this died off several years ago. Pretty sure it was at its peak around the 90s.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I'm pretty surprised this even goes on in this PC day and age. When I think hazing, I always think of getting licks like in "Dazed and Confused" hah.
Speaking of dazed and confused, that was a great representation of the times. Right up there with ‘American Graffiti’ providing insight into the ‘50s. Less of a backbone these days which makes the real and hard challenge difficult for newest generations to handle.

15PNG

500+ Posts

You want examples of "hazing"?! DM me. I find all of this to be ridiculous

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores