Isaiah Nguyen, Reid Richard - NOMINEES FOR THE WRS AWARD

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
One of the common knocks against successful running backs is that they benefit from a talented offensive line. That’s a questionable argument at best. Of course great play from any position benefits all other team members. But it’s an unfair point to rate a running back on that. For example Emmitt Smith’s accomplishments are frequently minimized based on the team he played on and more specifically the great offensive line he ran behind. But that’s just the starting point of a run. His toughness, quickness and vision is what made him the all time NFL rushing leader. He also seldom turned the ball over. Could any other good back have achieved the same on that team? Irrelevant because he was the back on that team and the motor behind a great running attack. No one should add an asterisk to his accomplishments

As good as the PN-G offensive line has been, they are still high school players and often make mistakes and miss blocks. They didn’t open a clean lane on every play. Nguyen gained a lot of his yards after contact and never fumbled. He ran bigger than his physical size. He was the driving force behind that line for 2 seasons. Especially in 2023. Without him it’s likely that the Indians might have faltered on the way to the state finals games. He put the team on his back in the championship win. No other SE Texas player accomplished as much as Nguyen. Consistent, winning results speak for themselves. Offensive player of the year if there ever was one.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
He was the MVP of this team IMO several games he could have lost with mistakes (even one)
But nope - didn’t ran tough and got those “extra two” that Emmitt Smith was famous for
But didn’t risk the ball in the process
Got roughed up and never retaliated that I ever saw
MVP

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores