Kansas State Post Game Interview

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Finally got a chance to show them what he could do if given the chance, even in spite of inconsistent play from the OL. Appears it may have opened some eyes, including Sark’s, who hopefully will give him bigger role next year. BTW, I disagree that he lacks the speed to be effective at this level. Although he does not have the burst of a Bijan or similar backs, he makes up for it with a level of grit, determination, and football IQ that few backs at any level possess. Based on a scanning of fan comments on UT football websites, he is slowly but surely becoming one of the favorite players among UT fans.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got a chance to show them what he could do if given the chance, even in spite of inconsistent play from the OL. Appears it may have opened some eyes, including Sark’s, who hopefully will give him bigger role next year. BTW, I disagree that he lacks the speed to be effective at this level. Although he does not have the burst of a Bijan or similar backs, he makes up for it with a level of grit, determination, and football IQ that few backs at any level possess. Based on a scanning of fan comments on UT football websites, he is slowly but surely becoming one of the favorite players among UT fans.

Didn’t mean he has inadequate speed. My opinion was he does not have the same level of cutting ability or top end speed that impresses fans with the two Robinsons. And that if he was able to break more long runs when he does get his chances he would see even more playing time. Out of the three backs he will have the best chance of long term success in the NFL.

My personal opinion is he is the most overall talented back on that team and should be playing QB.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Agree 100% with most of the above post. However, I am not sure about the issue of cutting ability. At PNG he seemed like one of the most elusive runners I had ever seen at any level. However, he seems to have changed his running style to some degree since being switched to RB, making him more of a straight line runner/ power runner much of the time. Some of this may be related to the fact that he clearly has a more muscular frame and is much stronger now. Additionally, I have noticed that his current style places a high value on ball protection, resulting in a situation where he carries the ball in such a way that he almost never fumbles (I cannot actually remember EVER seeing him fumble with the horns). Of course, the latter factor is of tremendous value in itself. However, I suspect that with additional touches as a running back he can regain some of his former elusiveness without sacrificing much in the way of power or ball security. In any case, the horns would be well advised to give him another look at QB (could probably beat out any of the ones currently on the roster at this point), or at least utilize him even more out of the wildcat position with surprise passing plays also added to the mix.

indians87

I would like to see Sark devise a scheme where he gets RJ, both Robinson’s and Worthy on the field at the same time. I think that would drive defense’s crazy.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I would like to see Sark devise a scheme where he gets RJ, both Robinson’s and Worthy on the field at the same time. I think that would drive defense’s crazy.
Seems like a no-brainer. Just can’t see why they rarely do obvious things like that, or equally obvious things like having RJ line up in the wildcat and throw a bomb.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores