Legacy Game Videos

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Each week a new game video of past PN-G games will be added to the YouTube channel. Don't forget to like the video and subscribe to the channel.

First up, two 1955 games featuring the Touchdown Twins, Gordon LeBoeuf and Bobby LaBorde. Back when the Indian offense looked a lot like modern day Liberty Hill. If you're curious about who the players are, go over to the All-Time Varsity Roster and select 1955.

The film quality of these games is sketchy but it's still enjoyable to visit the past and watch the second state championship year of the Port Neches Indians.

1955 AAA Quarterfinal (No audio)

1955 AAA Semifinal (With Commentary)

NHSBulldogFan

These look like 16mm Films not 8mm...I also found this clip while doing research at the University of North Texas its the only footage I've found of the 1955 finals vs. Garland

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
These look like 16mm Films not 8mm...I also found this clip while doing research at the University of North Texas its the only footage I've found of the 1955 finals vs. Garland

Great stuff. Outstanding video quality considering the age of it.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Commentator said 20,000, so I was wondering about that. Even 10,000 is pretty good crowd for the time.
That commentator was actually a player for Alice in 1955. About 60 years later he recorded the commentary while watching the game. I think he had a tendency to embellish.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores