Local stadium plans...

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
The new field at the new Memorial school is the JV field (for now); varsity will continue to play at the old field. At least that is what us tax payers in PAISD have been told.

Torino

500+ Posts
I think what Indianfan is trying to say is he agrees schools need attention. In order for that to happen, a much larger bond needed to be passed. Somewhere in the 220-240 million dollar range. That would have been very difficult to pass. The bond passed gave renovations to all schools, 2 new middle schools, and the new stadium. Take out the stadium portion of the bond and you have enough money to build 1/2 of a new elementary school. There was not enough money in the bond to do what 81 feels like needs to be done. So instead of 1/2 of a new elementary school being built and the others staying the same and the stadium staying the same, we got a new stadium. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Could not borrow much more via bonds. The bonding capacity was maxed out.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, you drummed this one up from way back!
2009! Noticing this thread again reminds me that I’ve been pushing buttons on local topics for 21 years. I imagine the folks getting elected to school boards and such would like me and this message forum to go away.

Actually I was showing support of those particular school board decisions. Good decisions deserve support. Bad ones do not and are candidates for questioning and answers. Fairness and objectivity….

Torino

500+ Posts
Actually, I have to retract my statement about our stadium, I like the way there is more room in the stands, I like the looks of the purple end zones with Indians written in them and I like the new concessions stand. I do not like the 3 story press box, I do not like climbing 45 steps to get to seats - I think we just went too high for any normal person to climb. So, there are things I like and things I don't like. I think that is fair enough.
The press box is 2 stories. Go to any new stadium at a 4A or higher HS and you'll see 3 stories.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores