Local stadium plans...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It will only seat around 10-11,000. Other than being concrete and probably better parking, it has nothing on Indian Stadium.
The fans are what make a great atmosphere. No amount of stadium expenditure will make a BISD or PAISD game experience anything like a night at The Reservation.

bandkid

Staff member
But still, that's $30 Million, and all anyone can do is say we overdid it with $9 Million. Its not the atmosphere that I was referring to, noone can reproduce that, it's just the staggering price tag that seems to be getting ignored.

NONS81

bandkid said:
But still, thats $30 Million, and all anyone can do is say we overdid it with $9 Million. Its not the atmosphere that I was referring to, noone can reproduce that, it's just the staggering price tag that seems to be getting ignored.

Actually, I have to retract my statement about our stadium, I like the way there is more room in the stands, I like the looks of the purple end zones with Indians written in them and I like the new concessions stand. I do not like the 3 story press box, I do not like climbing 45 steps to get to seats - I think we just went too high for any normal person to climb. So, there are things I like and things I don't like. I think that is fair enough.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The press box is only 2 stories. Eliminating the bottom level reduced the stadium cost by a million bucks or so.

Most decent sized high school stadiums are around 40-50 rows. It's the cost of having enough seats. I think Dayton fans have it worse than Indian fans...
addfee20-a6ff-4211-99e4-dcc1847287b4.jpg

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
The press box is only 2 stories. Eliminating the bottom level reduced the stadium cost by a million bucks or so.

Most decent sized high school stadiums are around 40-50 rows. It's the cost of having enough seats. I think Dayton fans have it worse than Indian fans...

That has to suck. Really, it does. I remember looking at it last year and wondering how planes manage to avoid it.

NONS81

IndianFan said:

Ok,two stories (it looks top heavy to me) and ok 40-50 rows is common, I said I don't like climbing - that doesn't mean other people don't like it. But I do appreciate you letting me know about the cost savings...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
;D

With a diversity of rows from 1-46 all the way to back of each end zone, there's a fit for everyone. I think it's nice that a decent number of seats (7672) with extra space were planned. If the Indians turn the program around like expected, the overflow will have to sit in the reserved sections on the other side.

NONS81

IndianFan said:
;D

With a diversity of rows from 1-46 all the way to back of each end zone, there's a fit for everyone. I think it's nice that a decent number of seats (7672) with extra space were planned. If the Indians turn the program around like expected, the overflow will have to sit in the reserved sections on the other side.

LOVE the extra space, you don't feel like you are bothering anyone as much when you have to get up and go to the concession stand or restroom, like before. LOVE that part.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
And those curved seats feel really comfy on my tush, and helps me to maintain my girlish figure!
7.gif

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
If the Indians turn the program around like expected, the overflow will have to sit in the reserved sections on the other side.

Or, we can just bump everyone ahead of them into the press box. I'm sure they can fit a couple people in there. :)

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I like all the leg room between the rows. I have long legs and it was very uncomfortable before, especially when the person in front of you was using a stadium seat. Didn't have that problem this year and it was very nice!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
pngfan93 said:
I'm on the top row and love sitting up there.

Chair back and no one sitting behind you!! Best seat in the house!

On top of that, great views!! The band formations looks awesome, the view of the field is awesome, and the scenery outside of the stadium is awesome!

Having no one behind me is a real plus. Videoing from a seated position is hard. When a good play breaks out, I always get people standing in the frame. I even had people tp me on the shoulder and ask me to lower my camera because it was in their way. I don't have that problem any more!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And you cam always step over the back, and stand up next to the press box of you need an unobstructed view. And the pressbox might offer some protections from the elements.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
This is the construction going on for Memorial's new press box. Those columns sure seem light. Sure hope they got their calculations right for hurricane winds.
DSCF5959.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PAISD plans to build a new stadium near their new high school campus. Why the heck are they spending all that money to build a pressbox on an old stadium?

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I guess when you have such a huge industrial tax base you can do just about anything whether it makes sense or not.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores