Texas Roschon Johnson
Texas A&M Gordon LeBeouf, Dustin Long
Texas Tech Ricky Ethridge
Rice
Houston Wade Phillips, Jalen Garth
Baylor
TCU
SMU

And it's worth noting Greg Davis coached at UT under Mack Brown.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
More UH Players
Robert Giblin - 2-time All American
Mike Simpson - NFL later
Robert Hall
Jeff Bergeron - also SFA and Lamar
Chance Prosperie

Rice
Bobby LaBorde
Randy Lee

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Impressive responses from Indian fans. When I wrote the questions, I was thinking of:

1. Ron McGill.
2. Gordon LeBoeuf (thanks to www.pngindians.com).
3. Texas - Tommy Landry, Wilson Weber, Roschon Johnson, and Jaylyn Garth.
Texas A&M - Keith Waguespack and Dustin Long.
Texas Tech - Richy Ethridge.
Rice - Randy Lee.
Houston - Wade Phillips, Mike Simpson, Robert Giblin, and Chance Prosperie.
Baylor - Unknown; PN-G has had baseball players and golfers at Baylor, but I have not found any football signees.
TCU - Ted Brack.
SMU - Unknown.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Jeremy Davis was another great PNG offensive lineman that played at UH. Class of 2001 or 2002 and a member of the 1999 state finalist team.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Jack Giblin signed with UTSA and later transferred to NTSU, but not sure whether he ever played at either school.

Adam Morse began at Lamar and later went on to do great things at Henderson State in Arkansas.

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
There was a very good lineman that played back in 1989-1990 and also played at Baylor. All-state a couple of years. David Whitehead.

I am glad we are documenting all of the PNG alumni that signed with the various Texas schools. I don’t think I ever thought about this much, but there were many more than I was aware of prior to this exercise.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I am glad we are documenting all of the PNG alumni that signed with the various Texas schools. I don’t think I ever thought about this much, but there were many more than I was aware of prior to this exercise.
You can find a lot of info on pngindians.com. Hall of Honor has most of the high profile players that would have received big scholarships.

I’ll be the first to admit that tracking any past history is an uphill battle. Even the school has struggled or failed to record details like all stats and game film since 1925.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And what’s out there has been in place for at least 15-20 years. Only 7 players have been added since about 2009. Keep in mind this is an unofficial HOH created by me back in the early 2000s using very high criteria to even be considered.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores