Nederland's Monte Barrow - "retired"

bandkid

Staff member
Late in the fourth quarter of Mid-County Madness as the score was getting out of hand, I remember saying to family and a few other fans nearby that it would be the game that cost Barrow his job. The guy behind us disagreed (he was sitting with a Nederland ISD teacher he was somehow related to, though she was wearing purple), but one old lady in front of me turned around and said, "He better start packing his bags now." Looks like we weren't too far off.

The real question is, will Todd Dodge get another consulting contract out of the Golden Triangle this year?

CS

Probably a combination of that game and the fact that PNG across the tracks has been to the State title game two years in a row while the Nederland trajectory is headed downward. They need to catch up now if it isn't already too late.

bandkid

Staff member
Everyone get ready for a little more attention from the state
Are you referring to the hiring of Scott Rich and the dynamic that presents with Jeff Joseph’s Katy roots?

I personally think Rich will have Nederland in fighting shape within three seasons. If PN-G and Nederland become frequent sights in the DCTF rankings, MCM will be the marquis rivalry in Texas.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff Joseph and crew are a heck of a great coaching staff. But we have to keep in perspective that Faircloth left the program in pretty good shape and a very talented roster with a year more of experience. Nederland does not have that advantage and it may take a while longer to reach their potential as a program.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores