NFL Draft

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The detailed the analysis of his running ability is very interesting (and accurate in my opinion).
This is the best, more accurate profile to date. Some of the others, Lance Zierlein’s for example make you wonder if he even saw him play. John Granato and Lance Zierlein are two goofballs on local sports radio here in a Houston.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
This is the best, more accurate profile to date. Some of the others, Lance Zierlein’s for example make you wonder if he even saw him play. John Granato and Lance Zierlein are two goofballs on local sports radio here in a Houston.
I agree that this is one of the better profiles. However, like some of the other analysts, he mentions a “weakness” that I believe to be a misinterpretation, saying that he shows “wasted motion” or displays unneeded “delays” behind the line. My analysis is that he displays good patience behind the line, following his blockers well. If there is any open space, he will find it. If there is no open space, that’s just the way the cookie crumbles. Proof of my interpretation IMO is that there are few, if any, “delays” in short yardage situations: He plows right through and much more often than not gets the necessary yardage. As to the “delays” and “wasted motion,” a better line and more carries will tell the real story.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that this is one of the better profiles. However, like some of the other analysts, he mentions a “weakness” that I believe to be a misinterpretation, saying that he shows “wasted motion” or displays unneeded “delays” behind the line. My analysis is that he displays good patience behind the line, following his blockers well. If there is any open space, he will find it. If there is no open space, that’s just the way the cookie crumbles. Proof of my interpretation IMO is that there are few, if any, “delays” in short yardage situations: He plows right through and much more often than not gets the necessary yardage. As to the “delays” and “wasted motion,” a better line and more carries will tell the real story.
These draft experts probably never played a down in their life. RJ will just have more opportunities to set the critics straight.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores