Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2011

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2002

Any rule or reason the marching contest is always held at LCM? When Indian Stadium is back online it would be a much better location with field turf and larger, more modern facilities.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2002

Probably a couple of reasons.

LCM (the Band Boosters especially) is willing to put forth the work to get the field ready, hand out programs, work the concession stands and generally do what is necessary to host an event that runs from ~10am until dark.It is also very quiet there with little background noise. At the Rez you have to deal with the surrounding industrial noises.

Over the past 30 years, I think the contest was once held at Lumberton, but other than that it has been LCM.

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2004

I PERSONALLY AM SO PROUD OF OUR PNG PURPLE AND WHITE BAND! I COULDN'T IMAGINE A GAME WITHOUT THE BAND, TWIRLERS, SILKS, AND INDIANETTES! WE AT PNG ARE SO BLESSED AND SOME DON'T EVEN REALIZE ALL THE GREAT TALENT WE HAVE IN OUR CHILDREN. IF I COULD, I WOULD PAY FOR THE BAND, INDIANETTES, TWIRLERS, AND SILKS TO MARCH IN THE MACY'S PARADE...THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!! THANK GOD FOR OUR STUDENTS AND MAY WE ALWAYS STAND STRONG BEHIND THEM! INDIAN KEN

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2004

IndianKen said:
I PERSONALLY AM SO PROUD OF OUR PNG PURPLE AND WHITE BAND! I COULDN'T IMAGINE A GAME WITHOUT THE BAND, TWIRLERS, SILKS, AND INDIANETTES! WE AT PNG ARE SO BLESSED AND SOME DON'T EVEN REALIZE ALL THE GREAT TALENT WE HAVE IN OUR CHILDREN. IF I COULD, I WOULD PAY FOR THE BAND, INDIANETTES, TWIRLERS, AND SILKS TO MARCH IN THE MACY'S PARADE...THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!! THANK GOD FOR OUR STUDENTS AND MAY WE ALWAYS STAND STRONG BEHIND THEM! INDIAN KEN

O.K., Forgive me if I look a bit confused???

BandKidForLife

Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2009

That was absolutely wonderful. I was a PN-G band member from 2001-2005 and watching those videos brought me back to some of the best times I've ever had in my life. What a treasure those videos are. I hope the kids in the band now are having as much fun as we did back in the day. There's nothing quite like being a band kid.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores