Open Enrollment and the UIL

CS

Wouldn't it make more sense for schools with open enrollment to be forced to play 6A? or a level above what they play?
If a school like SOC can take leftovers from Duncanville, Desoto, etc.... would it make more sense to be forced to play up? If not, why?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me.

My personal opinion re open enrollment at PNG is athletics should not be a reason. The greater good of the school is more important. And I also support, as Coach McDaniel mentioned, ‘home grown’ kids who grow up here and dream of playing. Train those kids early in life, encourage them, build them up in the weight room and win with those players. We have rarely seen a lack of talent here.

If a school is doing things to bring in football players, let them pay their dues by playing up with better competition.

Reactions: CS

PNG742

Wouldn't it make more sense for schools with open enrollment to be forced to play 6A? or a level above what they play?
If a school like SOC can take leftovers from Duncanville, Desoto, etc.... would it make more sense to be forced to play up? If not, why?
The schools with open enrollment should play in their own division no matter how many students they have.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Just like the two Jesuit schools have always had to play in 6A ;largest (Strake and Dallas)
Because they’re all male and they’re private
Any time you can choose a school that school should have to play in 6A

Reactions: CS

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Dallas Independent School District contains 40 high schools. Right off their website. They are open enrollment. All the best players go to 3 schools. How is the an even playing field. The UIL should do like Louisiana and have a separate division for these schools like this or make them play in the top 6a division. Fort Bend does the same thing, as so many other schools skirt this rule. Making schools like most in SETX have a tough time competing with 143,430 students. vs the 1700 at PNG. The 143,430 is how many students the 3 schools in Dallas have to pick from.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like they work the systems to their advantage no matter what it is. And they want to complain about something that didn’t even merit a complaint?

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
It all makes this championship that much sweeter
Yes if you’re going to have divisions you have to take things into account
When’s the last time a school of 1400 had
ELEVEN D1 commits
LAST YEAR led the nation
That’s more than North Shore with 5000 students
Allen over 7000 they LED THE NATION

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores