PN-G Indians - 2023 5A-DII State Champions!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This Houston suburb money will be hitting Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Montana or some other beautiful north western state in about 5-10 years. :D

bandkid

Staff member
I believe you but what do you mean
Jobs moving or do you mean urban sprawl
Both.

About seven years ago, the state demographer’s staff told me Beaumont would be a suburb of Houston by 2050. I laughed at them.

Now I drive through Mont Belvieu and realize they were right.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
The nasty sprawl of Houston is all consuming. The further away you can be from the center mass the better. Over my career I have commuted 340,000+ miles through hellish traffic jams.
I feel your pain. I lived in Crystal Beach and worked in downtown Houston for 14 years. 1,000 mile a week commute....some people said I was crazy. But I knew a couple of guys who did similar commutes in my neighborhood. Got up at 3:30 left at 4 and got to downtown via Winnie in about 75 minutes. Worked till 6:30 7:00 and got home at 8 or 8:30. Hit a couple of pigs, 5 coyotes, missed a few cows wandering the roads, a couple of alligators, one dog, 10,000 birds, and one deer. My buddies called my car the "executioner". By the time I hit the light going to the Stingaree I was hitting 80.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That puts my 300 miles per week to shame. I have not commuted a single mile for work in nearly 5 years now.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Check out DCTF's most recent YouTube segment.

There is discussion about PN-G being 10-0 in one score games during 2022-2023, and 14-1 in one score games over the past three years (Faircloth and Joseph; 2021-2023). Amazing stat about the Indians stacking up wins in one score games. You do not want to get in a close game vs. PN-G. The Indians find a way to get the W. Speaks volumes about PN-G doing the little things right. It also speaks volumes about PN-G's OL and DL. The Indians control the line of scrimmage, the tempo, and, thus, the scoreboard.

Go Indians!

90NDN

500+ Posts
I feel your pain. I lived in Crystal Beach and worked in downtown Houston for 14 years. 1,000 mile a week commute....some people said I was crazy. But I knew a couple of guys who did similar commutes in my neighborhood. Got up at 3:30 left at 4 and got to downtown via Winnie in about 75 minutes. Worked till 6:30 7:00 and got home at 8 or 8:30. Hit a couple of pigs, 5 coyotes, missed a few cows wandering the roads, a couple of alligators, one dog, 10,000 birds, and one deer. My buddies called my car the "executioner". By the time I hit the light going to the Stingaree I was hitting 80.
I'm with you ... I live in the Dallas Burbs, but i'm about an hour and 15 minutes away from Downtown if no traffic (around 60 miles out) ... the big town of Tioga....I keep moving further away, but luckily I work from home 95% of the time.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Check out DCTF's most recent YouTube segment.

There is discussion about PN-G being 10-0 in one score games during 2022-2023, and 14-1 in one score games over the past three years (Faircloth and Joseph; 2021-2023). Amazing stat about the Indians stacking up wins in one score games. You do not want to get in a close game vs. PN-G. The Indians find a way to get the W. Speaks volumes about PN-G doing the little things right. It also speaks volumes about PN-G's OL and DL. The Indians control the line of scrimmage, the tempo, and, thus, the scoreboard.

Go Indians!
IMG_7878.png

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores