PN-G Volleyball Coach - Status?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Friend of a friend says the PN-G Rock-a-Noos are looking for a new volleyball coach? Coach Fruge stepped down? Is this true? If yes, any word on applicants? Will Coach Comeaux be part of the selection committee? If not true, feel free to delete this thread. I ask because none of the local newspapers have written a story about this event. If true, you would think the local news sources would report such an event. PN-G volleyball is a big deal. Any updates? Thanks.

Go Indians.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Friend of a friend says the PN-G Rock-a-Noos are looking for a new volleyball coach? Coach Fruge stepped down? Is this true? If yes, any word on applicants? Will Coach Comeaux be part of the selection committee? If not true, feel free to delete this thread. I ask because none of the local newspapers have written a story about this event. If true, you would think the local news sources would report such an event. PN-G volleyball is a big deal. Any updates? Thanks.

Go Indians.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Justafan, thank you. WOW. I wonder what happened? We had a coach for 50 years and then one for a few years. Hard to follow a legend, I suppose. WOW, part II...not a word of this in online or print media. No one is reporting a job opening at PN-G. Surprising. Go Indians.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The PA News has one sports guy who also seems to write other content. That organization is a shell of its past with seemingly little interest in PN-G. Sad.

A once very successful volleyball program has struggled. Maybe the same pressure that was applied to other coaches is at play.

That’s an unusual job description for a coaching position. Not much emphasis on the the coaching aspect.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
What happened? HC Bre’Ala Box left PN-G? No coverage in the PA News online.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I guess Barbara Comeaux is retiring from the coordinator position. Well deserved. Job well done and PN-G/state legacy forever established. McDaniel sounds well qualified to step in as both volleyball coach and girls coordinator. She has also coached girls track.

Indian99

500+ Posts
She’s also a PNG grad, great all-around hire. Had she not been a PNG grad, she may not have ever left Nederland.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Did David Crommett ever coach at PNG?
Yes, Coach Crommett came to PN-G with Danny Malone in 1989-1990. After the locals ran Malone out of town, they also did the same to Coach Crommett and Coach Pat Fisher. Coach Crommett went over to Nederland and helped Larry Neumann beat PN-G for several years. I'll leave it at that.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores