PN-G's Sanaria Butler Wins State Title in Long Jump

bandkid

Staff member

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Congratulations to Sanaria Butler and Cyrus Jacobs, Jr. Ms. Butler may have had the greatest performance ever by a PN-G athlete at the UIL 5A state track meet. She won the long jump, came in third in the triple jump, and placed second in the 400m. She earned 24 total points, which placed PN-G 8th in the team standings. WOW! Mr. Jacobs ran a strong race in the 800m and placed sixth. His time was of 1:56.76 was impressive. He earned a point for PN-G on the boys team standings and put the Indians in 57th place. Not too bad with over 100 5A-DII schools in Texas. Give Sanaria Butler and Cyrus Jacobs, Jr. a standing ovation.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Mike Simpson won the 220yd dash at the state track meet in 1965. And so did the 440yd relay of which he ran the opening leg. They set the national high school record at 41.2 seconds.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations to Sanaria Butler and Cyrus Jacobs, Jr. Ms. Butler may have had the greatest performance ever by a PN-G athlete at the UIL 5A state track meet. She won the long jump, came in third in the triple jump, and placed second in the 400m. She earned 24 total points, which placed PN-G 8th in the team standings. WOW! Mr. Jacobs ran a strong race in the 800m and placed sixth. His time was of 1:56.76 was impressive. He earned a point for PN-G on the boys team standings and put the Indians in 57th place. Not too bad with over 100 5A-DII schools in Texas. Give Sanaria Butler and Cyrus Jacobs, Jr. a standing ovation.
Jacobs was dealing with a recently pulled hamstring which probably affected his results.

Still disappointed that he didn't play football.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores