PNG at Huffman

bandkid

Staff member
At this rate, the volleyball team may make a deeper playoff run than the football team.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It’s a seldom discussed fact that PNG golf and volleyball are more consistent programs than football. :eek:

bandkid

Staff member
It's also seldom discussed that Barbara Comeaux is probably the best overall coach PN-G's ever had in any sport.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. She is in the hall of fame already, and winningest volleyball coach in Texas history.

Our volleyball version of Phil Danaher who has the most football wins in Texas high school history.

Living and still active legends.

bandkid

Staff member
Sometimes, I think it would be appropriate for PN-G to do what UT did with separate men's and women's athletics directors. We've had at least a half dozen HC/ADs in the time that Comeaux's been at PN-G. And I feel virtually certain she has a better understanding of what the girls' sports teams need than any head football coach.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
At one point in the past, Comeaux’s title was Girls Athletics Coordinator, and Burnett was Boys Athletics Coordinator. The equivalent of dual AD roles.

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
At one point in the past, Comeaux’s title was Girls Athletics Coordinator, and Burnett was Boys Athletics Coordinator. The equivalent of dual AD roles.

I don't know why we ever got away from that, then.

bandkid

Staff member
It probably varies from district to district. I recall a master's being a preference when PN-G posted the position after Burnett's reassignment, but I doubt that's a universal preference and probably rarely a requirement.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores