PNG vs G-P

G-P dude

What Do y'all think lets get it started now!

G-P lost the Head coach and allot of talent. The new head coach is an alumni Matt Anastasio. He Bring alot of passion and energy to the team. Alot of new faces will be taking the starting role this year. QB is gunna be Brandon Gonzales.

PNG returns a lot of talent and is just reloading. New QB is a run and gun type of guy with an amazing back field loaded with Bertrand leading the way. The receivers will be also a vetran squad that can pull in some balls. Coach faircloth has dug in and is ready for another stellar season.

bilman10

You make it sound like we should skip the game and give PNG the win.One thing is for sure ALL of the NDN fans will be there ,just pick a place

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It will be another good game between two similar schools. If PN-G has another 4 and 1 at the G-P 25 yard line and the game is close in the 4Q inside of 2 minutes to play, I hope Coach Faircloth goes for the first down again vs. trying a 40 yard FG. I backed Coach Faircloth 100% back then in 2010 and I will back him again if he has to make that call. We needed a yard and G-P made a great play to stop us. That is Texas HS football at its finest. Kids competing, having the game come down to the 4Q where each team has to execute and make a play, and then seeing what happens. A great game last year and I look forward to another good one in 2011. This time, I hope we get that yard and then punch it in for a W. But, you can't take anything away from G-P in 2010...they made the plays to win the game and our Indians came up just a tad short.

Will G-P stick with the wing-T type offense or did the new coach implement a different scheme? Thanks for visiting the PN-G Indians website and message board forum.

Go Indians. Peace.

G-P dude

G-P is now changing the whole D and the whole O. Coach Anastatio is bringing his D from Austin westlake and the O which is a shotgun spread two back offense. All New on both sides of the ball and the kids are learning from scratch. Coach A was the D cordinator at Odessa permian and Austin westlake. He is loving being able to coach where he graduated Highschool! It was a good fit as his wife is from Gregory. Good fit and he is very hungry. 87 what does ndn stand for

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Just say "N" "D" "N" out loud. Just in case you didn't know it here is another clue - we are the PNG Indians. Now I bet there is a light bulb going off above your head. See you in Week Zero.

G-P dude

Ya I got it. Just not used to taking shortcuts. Takes a little more to be a champion. :punchingbag:

So what are the Indians up to this summer?

GREGORY-PORTLAND is doing a very rigourous strength and conditioning program. Along with 7on 7. Coach A is bring a whole new way of life for these WILDCATS. It's definateley harder on the boys and things are looking much better than last summer.

G-P dude

Today G-P won both of our 7-7 games lopsidedly :rocks: and got an opening in the Texas city 7-7 state qualifying tournament. That is good and should help the boys out. Last year G-P went to the state tournament. How are the Indians doing in 7-7 this year?

turn2

G-P dude said:
Today G-P won both of our 7-7 games lopsidedly :rocks: and got an opening in the Texas city 7-7 state qualifying tournament. That is good and should help the boys out. Last year G-P went to the state tournament. How are the Indians doing in 7-7 this year?
Alot of new faces involved with 7 on 7 this year.Indians opened up with a loss to 5A West Brook and the bounced back to shut out Ozen in the second game.

Indian03

100+ Posts
Game Time Change!!!!!

The PNG vs. GP game time has been changed to 7:00PM. (The game was going to be at 2:00PM). We will still play at Traylor Stadium in Rosenburg, TX.

G-P dude

http://www.txfootball.com/gpwildcats/index.cfm? New G-P website along with the old one! The new one is run by Coach "A" himself :rocks:. The old one is http://stexfootball.proboards.com/index.cgi#general.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It's Port Neches-Groves, not 'Port Neches Grove'. Can you ask him to update the school name?

G-P dude

So what do yall indians have in the plans for the 28th? Stay in Rosenberg for the night or drive back that night?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores