Roschon Johnson About To Carve Out His Own Draft Legacy

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He averaged 8 carries per game at Texas over 4 seasons and will still finish #18 in rushing yardage in Texas history. If Johnson had averaged just 4 more carries per game, he had a shot at #6 all-time. Maybe #5. He should have started ahead of Ingram in both his freshman and sophomore years. And he should have gotten more touches the past 2 seasons. To really illustrate how he was underused, he had 2 pass attempts in 4 years. As a long time UT fan, I remain disappointed in how they often underutilize and underdevelop good high school players. I think RJ will translation to be a very good NFL back. And while Robinson was the featured back in both the media and on the field the last 2 years, he’s likely to be mush less effective in the NFL and more prone to injury than Johnson.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It’s beyond my comprehension how you could have the passing talent of an RJ and have two different coaching staffs virtually ignore this weapon at the running back position for 4 years.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores