Texas Tech vs. Texas

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
All in all it was what you would expect from two top ten teams meeting. It was not the outcome I was hoping for and I think Texas looked a little flat. You still have to be happy for Tech though.

Anybody think they have a shot at the National Championship?

NDN X

100+ Posts
I just still cant get over the last seconds of the game! Who would have expected that? :huh: I am with you PNGFAN93, sure wish it would have been UT with the win! That was some 2nd half comeback.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Im a Huge Tech fan.I thought we did a great job in the first half,but we went flat second half.It has to be an espn classic just for the final seconds.I give texas credit for coming back and making it a fight.Good luck to them and the rest of their season.It was just Techs night last night.Here is incredible stat about Harrell.Career stat against Texas 1459 yds,10tds,and 2 int.Finally Tech has broke through and got a win. :woot: :woot: :cowboy:

Indian99

500+ Posts
I still can't believe that #3 did not tackle Crabtree at the very end of the game. How do you not hang on to that guy or toss his a$$ out of bounds like your life depended on it? I about jump kicked the TV when I saw that.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Great game ... no shame for UT to lose in Lubbock against the West Texas Desert Aggies ... Crabtree made an outstanding ... I mean unbelieveably outstanding catch and broke away into the end zone. As for the UT DBs that (1) dropped the INT a couple of plays before Crabtree's catch; and, (2) the guys who did not push Crabtree out of bounds, well, no shame there either ... those kids played hard, gave great effort, and Crabtree just made a play. Great game.

Leach's Desert Aggies still have tough games vs. Okie Lite in Lubbock and at OU in Norman ... Texas and OU still have a shot to win out and see what shakes out for the Big XII championship. What about Alabama at LSU this weekend? Saban returns to the Bayou. Should be another good game.

When the dust settles, I'd love to see a playoff between the following teams: USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State, and say a non-BCS powerhouse like a Boise State from a few years ago. Give one of the little guys a shot at greatness.

Good topic.

Peace.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
I thinks its funny because you have USC,OU and some of the other big programs that have been running the BCS complaining now because for a change their the ones on the outside looking in.Now their in favor of a playoff system.But I don't recall hearing them complain when they got what the wanted and had everybody else complaining.The BCS should go and they should have a playoff system.or at least a +1.Anybody else in favor of the playoffs or do you like the BCS?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Get rid of the BCS, computers, etc. Keep the polls for regular season rankings and so fans can hassle one another ... but, when it comes time for championships, we need something akin to March Madness. Line up the teams and have a playoff. 6 teams, 8 teams, 12 teams, I do not care ... just get the brackets lined-up and schedule a playoff. They do it in HS sports, men's and women's college basketball, college baseball and softball, the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, Euro-soccer, etc. Give us what we want ... PLAYOFFS.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The existing bowl games can be used as the playoff games. That way they can still have their games. Its win/win for all.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores