Texas vs Rice

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
UT football is now imploding. D-Line coach went off on a profanity laced tirade on the team bus telling the lazy players to hit the portal. All of that recorded and leaked by some low life player.

Everyone keeps talking about recruiting talent and what head coach they hired. I don’t care how big or fast a player is. If he does not possess high character then you’ll see the continuing joke of a program that Texas has been for 10+ years. Low moral character and lack of serious commitment by too many so called top players will produce the **** show that is currently playing. The stupid NIL business that’s now a reality makes it worse.

RJ has also been identified just recently by coaches and players as THE LEADER of that team and locker room. Him not playing is a testimony to the insanity that the program has become. He should be on the field every offensive play in some capacity.

90NDN

500+ Posts
I've said it before...RJ is the one who needs to hit the portal. There is no way Texas should be this bad with all that talent. My guess is it's a combo of things (character and work ethic). Changing coaches for UT has done nothing for the program. It is like the players they recruit "Think" they are all that, when in reality, they have relied on ability along up until now. When you get to college, that isn't going to cut it...you have to put in the work ...film room, weight room, etc.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I've said it before...RJ is the one who needs to hit the portal. There is no way Texas should be this bad with all that talent. My guess is it's a combo of things (character and work ethic). Changing coaches for UT has done nothing for the program. It is like the players they recruit "Think" they are all that, when in reality, they have relied on ability along up until now. When you get to college, that isn't going to cut it...you have to put in the work ...film room, weight room, etc.
I think the extracurricular bs that we saw last season is a good indicator of the problems the team has. Too much focus on self and non-football topics. Each and every player on that team should be grateful for the free ride to a top university and opportunity to play a GAME on a big national stage. Instead too many players disrespect the university, team, teammates and fans. Throw in this NIL crap where SOME players can now make thousands or even millions of dollars and it’s the perfect storm for distraction, discontent and failure. UT needs to recruit thinking players who realize what they have in front of them. Until this happens nothing will change. And if it can’t change this 50 year fan will give up watching the game.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I think the extracurricular bs that we saw last season is a good indicator of the problems the team has. Too much focus on self and non-football topics. Each and every player on that team should be grateful for the free ride to a top university and opportunity to play a GAME on a big national stage. Instead too many players disrespect the university, team, teammates and fans. Throw in this NIL crap where SOME players can now make thousands or even millions of dollars and it’s the perfect storm for distraction, discontent and failure. UT needs to recruit thinking players who realize what they have in front of them. Until this happens nothing will change. And if it can’t change this 50 year fan will give up watching the game.
Many problems, but two are paramount IMO;

1) Regardless of coach, boosters have too much influence over who plays. Results in “good ole boy” network where local politics overrides objective evaluation of player talent. In RJ’s case, he has so much to offer on both the field and in the locker room that they cannot hold him back as much as would otherwise be the case. Nevertheless, anyone with a shred of sense can see his talents are being woefully underutilized.

2) Recruiting focuses more on the “glamor” skill positions at the expense of the OL and DLs, which are the foundations of any good team. Best players and schemes imaginable cannot overcome this inadequacy against the better teams, although they can against weaker teams. UT will never have more success than they have had recently unless this problem is rectified.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores