Chicago Bears running back to host youth camp at Port Neches-Groves

90NDN

500+ Posts
I know right lol ..anyone heard any offseason news on RJ and how things are coming along? Not to highjack this thread, but this will be another crazy season with a rookie QB at the helm.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
I know right lol ..anyone heard any offseason news on RJ and how things are coming along? Not to highjack this thread, but this will be another crazy season with a rookie QB at the helm.
The Bears didn’t look terrible at first
I tried to watch as many games as I could
Their defense seemed to be the main problem
I don’t know if the USC guy is their answer

But the name is so important now
Have to give the fans something to be excited about

90NDN

500+ Posts
The media sure think that the Offense will be clicking with the new weapons (QB, WR & another RB (Swift). The Bears actually didn't look horrible by the end of the season as the Def started playing better.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

View attachment 1323

Humble as usual. Sure, it’s harder at this level. But I have no doubt he can adjust if he gets enough snaps to allow that adjustment.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I did not watch a lot of Chicago games last year, but the few that I saw, RJ did not get enough touches. Chicago is doing the same thing that UT did with RJ...not putting the ball in his hands. Give that young man the football, get him in open space, and watch him produce. Send the Bears video of RJ throwing the ball at PN-G. Put in a RB sweep and let RJ throw it deep to all that new WR talent. No one throws a better deep ball than RJ. Give the man the football and let him do his thing.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I did not watch a lot of Chicago games last year, but the few that I saw, RJ did not get enough touches. Chicago is doing the same thing that UT did with RJ...not putting the ball in his hands. Give that young man the football, get him in open space, and watch him produce. Send the Bears video of RJ throwing the ball at PN-G. Put in a RB sweep and let RJ throw it deep to all that new WR talent. No one throws a better deep ball than RJ. Give the man the football and let him do his thing.

I thought about (and said) the part about RJ throwing the ball from the RB (or wildcat) position from the moment he started playing RB at UT. I will never understand how they could have a weapon like that and NEVER use it during his entire college career. Will the Bears be as stupid?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I thought about (and said) the part about RJ throwing the ball from the RB (or wildcat) position from the moment he started playing RB at UT. I will never understand how they could have a weapon like that and NEVER use it during his entire college career. Will the Bears be as stupid?
Probably. I was disappointed the moment I heard that Chicago drafted him. One of the worst organizations in the NFL. I’m just hoping that he gets his chance to shine, and avoids injury until he can be traded to a better situation.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
At the same time, being too negative about it is inappropriate (directed towards myself). RJ is in the NFL. He’s one of the best of the best and will be a millionaire before he’s even 30. And I’m sure he has a healthy perspective about it all. Disappointed some maybe, but still grateful. And I think he will bloom in the coming seasons.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Just when it looked like he would get his chance with Khalil getting hurt, RJ did as well ...and I think that hurt his progression. When he did get the ball in most games, he almost always managed to get at least 1 really big play for 20-30 yards. With the Bears signing Swift, I don't look for him to get many attempts again unless there are more injuries (most likely in a 3rd down situation where pass protection is key, but also for his pass catching.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores