Concession stand menu?

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
allstarmom said:
My son almost never eats lunch at the HS. I put $50 in his account when school started and it lasted until just last week.

And Squaw, I am not sure how much the cafeteria ladies make working in the stand, but I worked 1 game and made $11. Never again!!

Wow, does he bring his lunch. My kids go through about $50. a month. The youngest one maybe $25 a month but she brings her lunch a lot.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
allstarmom said:
He hasn't brought his lunch since the 5th grade. No, he doesn't eat at all and then is STARVING when he gets home.

Yuck, I hate that. It isn't cool to bring your lunch to school when you are in HS.

bandkid

Staff member
Cheermom4 said:
allstarmom said:
He hasn't brought his lunch since the 5th grade. No, he doesn't eat at all and then is STARVING when he gets home.

Yuck, I hate that. It isn't cool to bring your lunch to school when you are in HS.

I don't know that I'd say that. I know several kids that bring their lunch to school and I did at one time. It's often better than the alternative (at least, in my opinion).

The best line to go through is the "Sweet Treats" line. It used to have only cookies, ice cream, and occasionally cake, but the state in its infinitessimal wisdom decided that any cookie that isn't chocolate is unfit for the student body and now, to make up for the loss, the cafeteria ladies are serving the links, bagged pizzas, cheese sticks, egg rolls, and a few other items. The nachos on Wednesday and Friday out of the mexican food line aren't bad and I can grab a BBQ sandwich every now and then, but it's still not comparable to what I (and I believe most) consider food OR what we used to have for lunch back in my elementary days. It's sub-par. It's not the cafeteria ladies' fault (they do their best and we all appreciate that, as well as their enthusiasm and support - I mean, seriously, how many cafeteria ladies have their own pep rallies during lunch on Fridays?), it's just that they don't have much to work with.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Compared to the concession stand at Stallworth, we have it good. Stallworth had few choices and high prices. For example: $3.25 for a hot dog, $2.50 for popcorn, drinks $2.50.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
Cheermom4 said:
allstarmom said:

I don't know that I'd say that. I know several kids that bring their lunch to school and I did at one time. It's often better than the alternative (at least, in my opinion).

The best line to go through is the "Sweet Treats" line. It used to have only cookies, ice cream, and occasionally cake, but the state in its infinitessimal wisdom decided that any cookie that isn't chocolate is unfit for the student body and now, to make up for the loss, the cafeteria ladies are serving the links, bagged pizzas, cheese sticks, egg rolls, and a few other items. The nachos on Wednesday and Friday out of the mexican food line aren't bad and I can grab a BBQ sandwich every now and then, but it's still not comparable to what I (and I believe most) consider food OR what we used to have for lunch back in my elementary days. It's sub-par. It's not the cafeteria ladies' fault (they do their best and we all appreciate that, as well as their enthusiasm and support - I mean, seriously, how many cafeteria ladies have their own pep rallies during lunch on Fridays?), it's just that they don't have much to work with.

I meant yuck that her son was starving when he got home. I know my youngest one eats so early that she is starving by the time she gets home at almost 3:30.

NDN X

100+ Posts
OldEagle said:
Compared to the concession stand at Stallworth, we have it good. Stallworth had few choices and high prices. For example: $3.25 for a hot dog, $2.50 for popcorn, drinks $2.50.
I agree about the prices being high, but the plain hot dogs with a little mustard and relish sure were good. ( maybe I was just too hungry to think about the price at the time also!)

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Well, I brought a hot dog with chili & cheese (although I didn't really see any cheese) for $3.25 and it wasn't too good. I guess I should have went with the plain hot dog plus it cost less.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
We went to the Nederland game and the prices at the concession stand were high there also. Thank goodness for us we went to eat at Pappacita's.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores