This info was from allstarmom from last year:

Chipped Beef BBQ Sandwich 4.00
Link in tortilla wrap 2.50
Pepperonie Pizza slice 2.00
20 oz. Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Diet Coke, Diet DP 2.00
20 oz. water 2.00
Popcorn, peanuts, sunflower seeds 1.00
All candy, each 1.00

This years concessions are being done by the PNG HS cafeteria. All foods will be prepared and wrapped in the cafeteria, then delivered to the concession stands. Only drinks will be served for the Memorial scrimmage 8/21/09.

This years menu includes:

Hamburgers 4.00
Chicken Sandwich 4.00
BBQ Sandwich 4.00
Link in tortilla wrap
Pepperoni Pizza Slice
Canned Drinks
Bottled Water
Popcorn, Peanuts
5 kinds of Chips
Candy

Nice additions for us to enjoy.

So, does this mean that Mr. Matts is no longer the concession stand manager?

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
The drinks were in a bottle at last year's games in the stadium and it was coke products, not pepsi. Also the menu is the same as it was last year. They had Billy Joe's sandwiches last year always.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
NDNband69 said:
This info was from allstarmom from last year:

Chipped Beef BBQ Sandwich 4.00
Link in tortilla wrap 2.50
Pepperonie Pizza slice 2.00
20 oz. Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Diet Coke, Diet DP 2.00
20 oz. water 2.00
Popcorn, peanuts, sunflower seeds 1.00
All candy, each 1.00

This years concessions are being done by the PNG HS cafeteria. All foods will be prepared and wrapped in the cafeteria, then delivered to the concession stands. Only drinks will be served for the Memorial scrimmage 8/21/09.

This years menu includes:

Hamburgers 4.00
Chicken Sandwich 4.00
BBQ Sandwich 4.00
Link in tortilla wrap
Pepperoni Pizza Slice
Canned Drinks
Bottled Water
Popcorn, Peanuts
5 kinds of Chips
Candy

Nice additions for us to enjoy.

So, does this mean that Mr. Matts is no longer the concession stand manager?

That is correct. Mr. Matts accepted a teaching job for a different district. He dedicated a great deal to PNG. Mr. Matts left during the middle of last year, and upon his departure, Coach Burnett took over the duties of supplying the concession stand. I don't know if Burnett will continue with this or if the district has put someone else in charge.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
If the cafeteria workers are doing it, I have one question. Are any profits going to pay their salaries or is it our of tax monies? I have a good suggestion--Lamar PA has a food service program and students who would love to gain some "catering" experience and it would cost us nothing! Our students could coop with Lamar, also. It would provide students a great opportunity to learn and I bet their food would be much better, also. After attending Nederland and Vidor games and seeing how their concessions are run, its a shame that we have such a great stadium and poor concessions (in the past). Hopefully, we'll have something to be proud of. I do know that Matt Burnett is NOT doing the concessions. Something doesn't make sense here.

NONS81

squaw said:
If the cafeteria workers are doing it, I have one question. Are any profits going to pay their salaries or is it our of tax monies? I have a good suggestion--Lamar PA has a food service program and students who would love to gain some "catering" experience and it would cost us nothing! Our students could coop with Lamar, also. It would provide students a great opportunity to learn and I bet their food would be much better, also. After attending Nederland and Vidor games and seeing how their concessions are run, its a shame that we have such a great stadium and poor concessions (in the past). Hopefully, we'll have something to be proud of. I do know that Matt Burnett is NOT doing the concessions. Something doesn't make sense here.

This did not happen because someone within our administration said no to a free program and learning experience - how do you lose money on a concession stand of this magnitude with this many home games and a packed house at these games? I would imagine it would be a loss if you had to pay overtime to the workers instead of allowing the students to volunteer.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
You lose money in the concession stand when the food is disgusting. I have to be honest, I was prepared to eat out of the concession stand at every game. My kids were raised on concession stand food during baseball season when growing up, as both me and their dad were board members and had to be there every day. I ate out of the concession stand the first game. Haven't bought food there since.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Ok, here's the scoop! We ARE paying the cafeteria workers overtime when they work in the concession stand. All the money after costs goes into the cafeteria account at the ISD. They are not using Pizza Inn or Billy Joe's for any food, nor are they using volunteers or students. That is why there are crowds--they only open half the serving windows. The lines are way too long. Why not have a window for those only wanting drinks? No? That makes too much sense? I think the concession stand needs one boss who oversees the student organizations who work it and students get the profit from it (such as the band--they requested one night a season and were told "NO") After ALL these great home games I heard that the profit was only $3500.00 even though they sold $18,000.00 worth of food at MCM. Go figure--I give up.

Purple Rain

VOLUNTEERS. Gee that's a great idea! I wonder why nobody ever thought about this? NOT
I think that's why we're in this situation now. YOU CAN'T GET ANYONE TO VOLUNTEER. We haven't had volunteer workers in the concession stand for many, many, many years

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Purple Rain said:
VOLUNTEERS. Gee that's a great idea! I wonder why nobody ever thought about this? NOT
I think that's why we're in this situation now. YOU CAN'T GET ANYONE TO VOLUNTEER. We haven't had volunteer workers in the concession stand for many, many, many years

I am NOT a band parent, but I'd bet you money if the band could use the money to support their causes you would have all the unpaid volunteers you wanted. Ditto other student organizations. Students will work for their cause just like most adults.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Wasn't it just a few years ago that kids did work the concession stands before the new stadium was built??? I know there were adults working it also but I seem to remember lots of teenagers working. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Purple Rain said:
You are right Old Eagle. Before, there were some adults and some students - but they were all paid.
You are right, PurpleRain. Now, follow up and ask "are the cafeteria workers who are mostly managers being paid their large salary plus overtime?"

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I just want the food changed. Other than the hot links, it's horrible. My daughter took one bite and refused to eat more. (For you sterner parents, no I don't force my child to eat what she doesn't like. That's how eating disorders are started.) Anyway, I didn't like what I had either.

I'm not a complainer, but I am interested in getting this changed.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I just want the food changed. Other than the hot links, it's horrible. My daughter took one bite and refused to eat more. (For you sterner parents, no I don't force my child to eat what she doesn't like. That's how eating disorders are started.) Anyway, I didn't like what I had either.

I agree. The food at the Pony-Colt baseball concession stand was much better and it was simple, easy fast food--hotdogs, Frito pies, hot links, chipped beef, various chips, candy and drinks. What is so hard to do? Also, profit should benefit students (in my opinion).

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
We should keep the links. Bring back Pizza Inn. Maybe Grill some boudain. Add some nachos.

Get rid of the burgers, chicken sandwiches, bbq sandwiches, and the microwave pizzas.

This seems simple enough to me!

bandkid

Staff member
pngfan93 said:

She better bring a lunch when she gets to high school. They're serving you the same thing they serve us every day at lunch.

Again, this food isn't exactly the cafeteria ladies' fault (at least not during lunch). There's only so much they can do with minimal funding, low-quality food, and these stupid nutritional regulations.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
pngfan93 said:

She better bring a lunch when she gets to high school. They're serving you the same thing they serve us every day at lunch.

Again, this food isn't exactly the cafeteria ladies' fault (at least not during lunch). There's only so much they can do with minimal funding, low-quality food, and these stupid nutritional regulations.

Both of my kids have no complaints with the food at the HS. They eat the same thing almost everyday.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
My son almost never eats lunch at the HS. I put $50 in his account when school started and it lasted until just last week.

And Squaw, I am not sure how much the cafeteria ladies make working in the stand, but I worked 1 game and made $11. Never again!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores