Did You See?

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Did any of you see who was practicing on the new field today? Well it was the Lumberton Raider football team. I don't mind that much, but since the middle schools and under classmen only got to play there I think once, I think that another school shouldn't get to practice on it. I know they probably wanted a field with turf because their playoff game will be on turf, but I thought that was a slap in the face to those PNG kids that couldn't play on it. Is this silly of me or what?

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
PNGfan said:
Did any of you see who was practicing on the new field today? Well it was the Lumberton Raider football team. I don't mind that much, but since the middle schools and under classmen only got to play there I think once, I think that another school shouldn't get to practice on it. I know they probably wanted a field with turf because their playoff game will be on turf, but I thought that was a slap in the face to those PNG kids that couldn't play on it. Is this silly of me or what?

Are they possibly playing the bi-district game here? I don't know I haven't really paid attention since the last game. Not silly, just protective!!!

PNGfan

100+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
PNGfan said:

Are they possibly playing the bi-district game here? I don't know I haven't really paid attention since the last game. Not silly, just protective!!!

No, Their playing in the Houston area, I think at Dayton's field. Just thought it was odd. I know earlier this year a small college team practiced on our new field before games were played there. I hope we're getting paid for the usage of the lights, etc. because if not, we are paying for other schools to come to our stadium to practice :crazy:

N

NDNPARENT

i have no problem wiht Lumberton using our field to prepare for the stadium at Dayton, They are representing our distric,.. now if it was central then i would be Bxtching! lol

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
i have no problem wiht Lumberton using our field to prepare for the stadium at Dayton, They are representing our distric,.. now if it was central then i would be Bxtching! lol
:rocks: :punchingbag:

NDN X

100+ Posts
I noticed the lights on last night, but actually thought soccer or something was on the field. Never drove by and looked. Good luck to 'em.

badndn

500+ Posts
And the reason the middle schools and underclassmen only got to play on it once was not a field issue, but a construction issue with the fans. If you practice on the field you are not in the stands or under the bleachers!

NDNgirl87

:hi:

BI-DISTRICT PLAYOFF GAME Friday, November 14
Nederland vs CE King Friday 11/14 7:30pm @ Dayton Field
Lumberton vs Crosby Cougars @ 7:30 pm @ Humble's Turner Field

:helmet: I love football

pngbax20

100+ Posts
i know one thing,after its complete we'll have a ton of playoff games held there.All the small schools and some of the bigger schools will want to use it.That only means more money for us.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNGBax20 said:
i know one thing,after its complete we'll have a ton of playoff games held there.All the small schools and some of the bigger schools will want to use it.That only means more money for us.
UPDATE: I reported this (use of our new field) to someone who went to the top with it. From what I understand no one seems to know who granted permission to who. (if, in fact, persmission was given). James Ware announced last night that Lumberton was going to practice on PNG's field because they are playing their first game on astroturf. Like others on here, I would like to know if PNG is getting paid for this. I'd hate to see our new turf torn up by outsiders before even our middle school students get to play on it. I hate to be selfish, but our taxes paid for this and I doubt seriously that if its torn the district would be able to replace it at no cost.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
squaw said:
PNGBax20 said:
UPDATE: I reported this (use of our new field) to someone who went to the top with it. From what I understand no one seems to know who granted permission to who. (if, in fact, persmission was given). James Ware announced last night that Lumberton was going to practice on PNG's field because they are playing their first game on astroturf. Like others on here, I would like to know if PNG is getting paid for this. I'd hate to see our new turf torn up by outsiders before even our middle school students get to play on it. I hate to be selfish, but our taxes paid for this and I doubt seriously that if its torn the district would be able to replace it at no cost.

It better last longer than a few games!!!

N

NDNPARENT

PNGBax20 said:

you mean we getting money back on our bond money when we rent it out?? NOT!! the PNGISD will get the extra money for our board to WASTE on other stuff.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
PNGBax20 said:

you mean we getting money back on our bond money when we rent it out?? NOT!! the PNGISD will get the extra money for our board to WASTE on other stuff.

WASTE in PNGISD????? NEVER ::)

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

Mrs. 1IDPURPLEMONSTER drove by the school the other day, came home and told me that the band was still practicing on their old usual site. Now, I will be honest I don't remember if this was before last Friday or not. But, I do recall that one of the reasons why we went with this turf was so that the band could practice on the field and not tear it up. If the band is still practicing for any competitions and not practicing on the field and we are "loaning" or "selling" our field out, this does PI$$ me off. I guess we need to sell our field off now to fix the classrooms.

NDNMOM

spoke to someone from Lumberton yes they paid a fee to use the field and for the lights. they are playin Dayton in HUMBLE The fields in humble are turf so this helped them get the feel for the field

badndn

500+ Posts
The only thing that I can see with the band not using it as an access issue. They can easily go down the hall and out the side door to get to the practice field, but with all of the other construction going on it may be much more difficult to get to the stadium from the band hall. ???

C

coonass322

I am actually just happy to see kids using the fields rather than running around town doing something stupid...Regardless if they are from our district or not.....

I think some of you complain just to complain....

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
coonass322 said:
I am actually just happy to see kids using the fields rather than running around town doing something stupid...Regardless if they are from our district or not.....

I think some of you complain just to complain....

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores