Did You See?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Cheermom4 said:
coonass322 said:
I am actually just happy to see kids using the fields rather than running around town doing something stupid...Regardless if they are from our district or not.....

I think some of you complain just to complain....

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
Oh, a frustrated cheerleader wannabe at work?

modmouse78

100+ Posts
i second that about complaining to complain....there are a few people that will come on here and just complain about anything and everything. I don't know what you all are complaining about. Our new president elect wants to spread the wealth. Looks like that is what we are doing.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
squaw said:
Cheermom4 said:
coonass322 said:
I am actually just happy to see kids using the fields rather than running around town doing something stupid...Regardless if they are from our district or not.....

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

Aaaaggghhhhh...there goes my lil purple clappin dudes again!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta find some of em in black and gold!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
squaw said:
Cheermom4 said:
coonass322 said:

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

EXCUSE ME???? I am not a WANNABE. If I am frustrated it is because it's very irratating to come here and hear all of the complaining that goes on around here.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
coonass322 said:

I don't think I'm complaining just to complain. Maybe it wasn't directed towards me, but I started the thread. I don't care if another school uses it, all I was saying is that people were complaining as you put it about the middle schools and the underclassmen teams not getting to play on it except for one time. Also, games could've played on it at those levels as long as everybody sat on the visitor side like they did when they let them play on it. It's not that big of a deal and I was seeing what other people thought. Just FYI, I don't complain just to complain, but your entitled to your opinion just like others. BTW, if it were up to me and it's not, I would've waited till everything was completed to let everybody play on it. There I go again complaining :laugh:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The field was never put in for the band to practice on. The parking lot that will go in next to the softball/baseball facility will be football field dimensions for the band to practice on. The thing with the bad and field-turfing had to do with the district trying to get marching contest moved here.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
The field was never put in for the band to practice on. The parking lot that will go in next to the softball/baseball facility will be football field dimensions for the band to practice on. The thing with the bad and field-turfing had to do with the district trying to get marching contest moved here.

Maybe the band should learn how to play Cherokee correctly before trying to get the marching contest here. :laugh:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G is not a good location for marching contest, too many industrial noises (trains, plants etc). LCM does a good job with it and it is a nice quiet setting, it should stay there IMO.

C

coonass322

Cherokee had to be played the fastest of all time this year.....They have sped it up.....

NONS81

coonass322 said:
Cherokee had to be played the fastest of all time this year.....They have sped it up.....

Not according to the band director, he said they slowed it down for the Indian Spirit and the Indianette officers and twirlers...

bandkid

Staff member
I'd love to be able to practice on the new turf. We got to a couple times this year. Im sure thats much more comfortable than our up-and-coming parking lot. Never mind the fact that there will still be a football field-sized area next to the parking lot (according to the revised plans under the high school renovations thread) that we could easily march on, we get a parking lot.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
bandkid said:
I'd love to be able to practice on the new turf. We got to a couple times this year. Im sure thats much more comfortable than our up-and-coming parking lot. Never mind the fact that there will still be a football field-sized area next to the parking lot (according to the revised plans under the high school renovations thread) that we could easily march on, we get a parking lot.
I understand what you are saying, but at least ya'll get to practice on a parking lot. Back in the day we practiced on an ant infested field.... :cheesy:

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
bandkid said:
I understand what you are saying, but at least ya'll get to practice on a parking lot. Back in the day we practiced on an ant infested field.... :cheesy:

Agree, I still have ant bite scars from the 80's. :ha: Give me a parking lot any ol' day.

bandkid

Staff member
We still march on the ant-infested field. They spray the field, and the directors want us to look out for the beds, but we still end up ant-bit.

Even after considering this, I prefer the ant-infested field to a parking lot, and according to the plans, there will still be a sizable field next to the proposed parking lot. I know for a fact that Im not the only one who doesnt want to get stuck on concrete. Grass is much cooler in the summer and much easier to walk on, even when its uneven. Besides, we would be going from practicing on a flat, hard surface to performing on an uneven, soft surface at away games. It seems to me that this would be a detriment to our performance abilities.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Is the turf field pretty smooth or is it more like marching on a grass field? I have not walked out on to it yet so I really have not paid close attention to the texture.

bandkid

Staff member
Its sort of like walking on a trampoline, but the effect is not as noticable. You can definitely tell its not dirt because you can feel the rubber bounce back when you step on it, and that has an effect on your equilibrium. You can walk on it comfortably, but it will throw you off at first.

Having stepped out on to it, I understand why the football team prefers astro-turf. Im sure it would be easier to land on.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You mean prefer the Field Turf? The old AstroTurf in the Dome was basically like playing on concrete.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores