Groves Middle School Football

bark

1,000+ Posts
At the Orangefield and Lunberton games they had a Band (in the stands,did not march) and Cheerleaders that performed.

Does anyone know why and when we stopped?

If those districts can afford/manage it surly we can.

bark

1,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
Port Neches 7th VS Lumberton 7th

PN 18
Lumb. 14
Our coaches should be commended for managing 73 football players on the sideline (12 yr. olds at that) and the thing that really impressed me was they made a point to let EVERY PLAYER get into the game!!

They managed to win by letting #1 have the ball and score when needed. That kid is awesome he had 3 TD runs that had to be for 180 yard on those 3 carries alone.

He is a man amongst boys.

bandkid

Staff member
bark said:
At the Orangefield and Lunberton games they had a Band (in the stands,did not march) and Cheerleaders that performed.

Does anyone know why and when we stopped?

If those districts can afford/manage it surly we can.

I don't know, but I wish they'd pick it up again.

bark

1,000+ Posts
You are correct there are many talented kids - Runnels, LeJune, Hauck, and others - the Robertson kid had a heck of a game on D & O last night.

It's never a 1 man show but who has more production than Kennell? All 3 touchdowns, kicks off, Qb, Rb, defense, kick returns etc...in the Lumberton game alone.

The Lejune kid is right up there too. He adds the mental side of the game - his dad was a Jr. High coach and grandfather one of the best OL coaches ever and both dad and granddad were athletes so he is defenitly talanted - in all sports for that matter. One could give Lejune a case as MVP. But how could you argue Kennell to this point?

Orangfield was about the same, mostly Kennell.

either way ones opinion is, they are winning, but look at the coaches we have Segura-ex Varsity, Smith-ex varsity, Cates - super with the kids and fired up, Nobles as well.
These kiddo's are lucky to have this combonation!!!!!!!! And I think they all know it.

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark, I wasn't arguing anything. I don't know what you are talking about. And secondly, I was talking to you on a personal message and hoping you would return the favor and not respond for the world to see. I guess you couldn't show me that courtesy.

png94

100+ Posts
GMS playing C.O. Wilson tonight at NHS. 7th grde at 430, 8th B at 530, and 8th A at 7. Should be some good games! :popcorn:

bark

1,000+ Posts
png94 said:
What's going on with the PN 8th A team? 0-2?
They seem to have good athletes. Anyone know their record from last year?

May be another example of it doesn't matter how great you are in Little League or Jr. High - kids always change as time moves forward.

On everyone of these teams there are kids who are 3rd string and were Youth Football all stars. And there will be 7th/8th grade starters who will fall by the wayside in HS.

Like my Mother always says "don't brag too much, because you never know what they will do"

bark

1,000+ Posts
png94 said:
GMS playing C.O. Wilson tonight at NHS. 7th grde at 430, 8th B at 530, and 8th A at 7. Should be some good games! :popcorn:
PNMS 7th graders 22 Ned 0. great play by all and again what a wonderful job of the coaches making absolutly sure ever kid played.

I don't know about the other MS's but these PNMS coaches are a super group!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Are Central and C.O. Wilson still the Nederland middle schools (junior highs in the day)?

Are they the 'Canines' and 'Bullpups' or something like that?

png94

100+ Posts
GMS plays at Vidor JHS against Vidor Gold/White tonight 7th grade 430, 8th B around 530, and 8th A around 7. PNMS plays Vidor Black at home tonight. Good Luck to all teams! :rocks:

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNMS 7th grade is undefeated and full of talent. I'm sure GMS is too, I have only seen PNMS play and know many of the kid from LL etc...

If they continue to mature and do well, they should be ready for Varsity success when it come their turn.

We all know kids change - great ones fizzle out often and the ones in the background often rise to the top.

We'll see.

png94

100+ Posts
GMS 7th grade 38 Vidor Gold 0, 8th grade B 8 Vidor White 0, 8th A 40 Vidor Gold 0. Shutouts for all three teams! Way to go Braves! :clap:

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNMS 7th 32 Vidor 10. All Vidor points scored against our 2nd /3rd/4th team. Again, the Kennell McZeal show! Runnells had some really good runs too, if he keeps it up (again who knows what the future holds) he is one tuff customer. Runs north and south fast. Reminds me of Justin Eicher.

I don't know about GMS 7th but our coaches made sure EVERY kid played and when we needed points Kennell went in and scored. Great group of kids and coaches! I'm sure GMS 7th is just as good and their coaches are playing all kids too.

What a program Fairclothe has going. This year at EVERY home game, not only did all kids play BUT we had Varsity coaches on the sideline giving advise. Just an awesome sight!

png94

100+ Posts
Yea your right Bark, I have a feelin that when our 7th and 8th boys get to HS, they will be very competetive! I coached Kennel last year in youth football. He's an exceptional athlete with his speed and size. We have a lot of talent that will merge together when these boys join each other in HS. Looking forward to watching all these boys have fun and coming together. It's going to be some exciting years for them, and for us! These kids will know his system like the back of their hand by then. Look at the Katy Tigers year in and year out how good they are, it's because they execute so well! I love the way the coaches come out and help these boys. They separate them and coach them during halftime, and really get their attention.

bark

1,000+ Posts
png94 said:
Yea your right Bark, I have a feelin that when our 7th and 8th boys get to HS, they will be very competetive! I coached Kennel last year in youth football. He's an exceptional athlete with his speed and size. We have a lot of talent that will merge together when these boys join each other in HS. Looking forward to watching all these boys have fun and coming together. It's going to be some exciting years for them, and for us! These kids will know his system like the back of their hand by then. Look at the Katy Tigers year in and year out how good they are, it's because they execute so well! I love the way the coaches come out and help these boys. They separate them and coach them during halftime, and really get their attention.
I am totally impressed with all the attention and at half time they ask who hasn't played and make sure they get in right away. If Kennell stays - watch out because as we speak he is by far the most productive member of the team. He has to lead in yards gained, TD's, return yards etc... and plays D, punts too. LeJune and Runnells are major contributors as well, both hard hitting and make smart plays. I have never coached for a living but he looks like he is just raw and can only get better where as some of the other kids have personal trainers, etc and are at the top of their ability - Kennel has it all in front of him. He may possibly be the 1st from PNG to actually PLAY at a D1 since Long at A&M (for part of his career) The only other I can think of that really played big time was Robert Giblin in 73-75 at UH then the pros.

bandkid

Staff member
So we have a middle school player named Kennel? As in the dog cage?

It's a sign. ;D

bark

1,000+ Posts
bamakid said:
So we have a middle school player named Kennel? As in the dog cage?

It's a sign. ;D
I use 2 l's when I spell it, to tell you the truth I don't know how he spells it. All I know is he is one talented athlete. I know some folks from Orangefield and Lumberton who, after we played them, asked me is he really a 7th grader. I think he is a little older than some because one of the Dads said last year they picked him #1 in the Youth League and then at weigh in it was discovered he was too old to play Youth League.

Needless to say, they were very disapointed.

If you see him play, you will see what everyone else has - really, he is bigger, faster, stronger etc... than anyone on the field. The kicker is, it is all just him and what the coaches have taught him this 6 weeks, unlike many others who have weight trainers, go the the Athletes Training buisness and camps. I guess that's what is so impressive, he has all his potential way in front of him, he's just running on raw talent.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores