How about that dark grey pressbox!!!

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
we went from a potential state of the art all brick stadium to a 1/4th bricked stadium with a hideous dark grey vinyl sided pressbox. Sorry to be the debbie downer but IMO it looks like hell. They could have went with a better color if they weren't going to brick the thing.

At least they put the PNG seal on the back this week which gives it a little life.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Look here... http://boards.pngindians.com/index.php?topic=5.465

Maybe it's just the primer. ;)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
DSCF4503.jpg

Final design rendering for comparison.
final_stadium_design.jpg

Original, pre-value engineering rendering for comparison.
original_stadium_rendering.jpg

tribesman

100+ Posts
That first pic with the side view looks dark grey. But the next pics from the back look more brownish to me...Does anyone else notice this, or am I color blind. If the true color is more like the last few pics, then I don't think that it looks that bad...

NDNband69

500+ Posts
It is grey. Those other pictures were taken late in the afternoon.....with the sun low in the horizon.......golden light.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I think it looks pretty classy. It's not the same as the drawing (they seldom are) but still the envy of every other school district in the area, no doubt. I like it.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I think the stadium looks amazing. I can't wait for the "fired up" pep rally next year! Followed by the first victory on our new home turf.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I think the stadium and pressboxes look good. What does the color matter when the kids play at night. Who is really going to be looking at the pressboxes anyway. JMO

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
People just try to find something to complain about . Can't please everyone.

:band: :band: :band: :band:

:rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
As far as the "grey" goes, alot of my PNG shirts have grey on them, in fac, instead of Purple and whit they're "Grey and White". If you look around, grey is used quite often in association with PNG's colors.

With that being said, although I really like the new stadium (including it's colors), I've never liked the use of grey along with purple and white.

NONS81

Again, I ask - What color did you want up there?

Do you know how much Purple siding would have cost? Special colors are expensive. Although I have heard that siding can be painted if it is treated with a solution of vinegar and water.....

badndn

500+ Posts
I think most people thought it would be lighter. It actually looks pretty good from the front, but the back leaves alot to be desired. I for one would have liked to have the entire back of the box bricked. That line of brick around the sign is cheesy looking.

NONS81

badndn said:
I think most people thought it would be lighter. It actually looks pretty good from the front, but the back leaves alot to be desired. I for one would have liked to have the entire back of the box bricked. That line of brick around the sign is cheesy looking.

Not trying to go there - but brick would have been very expensive and the budget had to be cut in certain areas.

I kinda like the darker gray. To me, lighter would have looked cheap. I don't know - it doesn't make a difference to me one way or the other.

badndn

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
badndn said:

Not trying to go there - but brick would have been very expensive and the budget had to be cut in certain areas.

I kinda like the darker gray. To me, lighter would have looked cheap. I don't know - it doesn't make a difference to me one way or the other.
Probably should have just went without the brick line to the top. All siding in the back. But all in all I like. It would be nice some day to put the skirting around the stadium, which is one of the things we were sold before the bond vote. That would give it that enclosed look and probably make it better whe it rains to hide under the stands. ;D

The track looks great! Alot of color at the stadium, with the Green, Purple, White, Brown/Orange and Grey. Like a Collage!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I would assume, if they're going up, it would be for games only much like the national and state flags do not stay up at the field all the time.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
pngfan93 said:
I would assume, if they're going up, it would be for games only much like the national and state flags do not stay up at the field all the time.

I agree but there still arent any poles at the top of the stands, I assumed theyd already be up.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores