Indian Stadium Renovation

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
WOW! That looks so strange. So many great years in those stands!

Looks like they're going to town now though.

Ah looky...I'm a newby again!

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
PNG Proud said:
WOW! That looks so strange. So many great years in those stands!

Looks like they're going to town now though.

Ah looky...I'm a newby again!

just wanted to get re-signed and post.....one of the first now I guess.

nice look to the new site guys!!

15PNG

500+ Posts
I'm reborn!!!!!!!!! So strange seeing the photos of the stadium being torn down. Can't wait to see the new stuff though.

olndn

yea it looks like they are going now. just wanted to post. And I was so close to making veteran!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Here are some photos I took Saturday. They are not as good as the ones the district takes, but at least we have some additional photos. I'll try to get more next weekend.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know why they are taking the light poles down? Thought they were going to keep the lights as is.

It's strange to see the home side leveled but what goes back up will be much, much better. ;D

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I was also curious about why the scoreboard needed to come down. Is it necessary for the turf to go in, or might we have a nice surprise in the fall?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess the ground will need to be leveled, drainage installed, and the turf base built up. Also probably protects the board from damage. Also electrical lines etc may need to be re-run.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
Glad to be back. the new site is great. How you been 93. Stadium is looking good. Looking like they are making progress.

akifan94

500+ Posts
modmouse78 said:
Glad to be back. the new site is great. How you been 93. Stadium is looking good. Looking like they are making progress.

You better get your rest mod, 3 more weeks to go.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Beaumont ISD school board just approved usng SHW to build their Football stadium and natatorium. We'll have something to compare by. I wonder if SHW learned their lesson.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
pngfan93 said:
I was also curious about why the scoreboard needed to come down. Is it necessary for the turf to go in, or might we have a nice surprise in the fall?

It's my understanding that the scoreboard was to be moved to the oposit side of the field (and added to), thus the reason to take down. I hope not. That would mean that the end zone seats would have to go. I think they should stay.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
pngfan93 said:

It's my understanding that the scoreboard was to be moved to the oposit side of the field (and added to), thus the reason to take down. I hope not. That would mean that the end zone seats would have to go. I think they should stay.

They're getting rid of the endzone seats and, guessing by the plans, placing the scoreboard just outside the track in the north end zone. I've always liked the end zone seats. It added some distinction to the stadium.

This is the scoreboard that currently exists: http://www.fair-play.com/gallery/install_detail.php?id=433
Stallworth Stadium has a smaller board with a video display: http://www.fair-play.com/gallery/install_detail.php?id=367

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I took some more pictures today. I'll be sending them to the server so they can be posted in higher quality also.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Bigdog

The Dog
Am I the first Ned guy back on the new board?? hmmm.

Anyway, do yall think that they will make the timetable they set for the stadium? Even with the weather around here?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores